Bailey

First Name
Stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
I pick up my new Taycan on Monday and currently use Octopus for me energy supply. Am I able to use Octopus Go or Intelligent Octopus for home charging within Ohme Home Pro charger and how straightforward is this. Does anyone currently use Octopus
Sponsored

Moonstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, R8 V10+, Q5 Edition 1
Country flag
Octopus doesnt currently support Porsche so Octopus Go will only work for you if it supports the Ohme Pro Charger.

I have Hypervolt so switched to OVO. Bear in mind that although Octopus Go gives you a reduced night time rate for six hours, your standard rate during the day is higher on that tariff. OVO gives you 10p per kw for EV charging but keeps the standard kw price the same.

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
You can use Octopus Go with the porsche and other EVSE chargers but it’s Octopus Intelligent that you cannot use without the Ohme and described above.

I’ve been finding Go excellent for my use case until now when my fixed rates deal has changed and it’s painful. Considering OVO too…

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
It doesn’t ‘need’ to be Ohme either.
There is a huge list of chargers that work with Octopus Intelligent.
The problem is Porsche is not compatible.
Intelligent is 6 cheap hours at 10p per Kw
Go is 4 hours at 12p
You ONLY need a smart meter for Octopus Go. It’s not car or charge point dependant.
You can also get Octopus Intelligent if you have a compatible home charger and another electric car that is compatible. Then you can charge the Porsche too at 2p cheaper than Go. Apparently.
I have an Etron and a Taycan and I will flip from Go to Intelligent in July.
My Go contract is 7.5p at night until then.
I will see if it all works then!
I only need 4 hrs at cheap rate, never mind 6. If you need to charge your Taycan every night for more than 4-6 hours look at OVO.
OVO is 10p rate but only for the car and has a cheaper day rate.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Bailey

First Name
Stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Thanks for all your feedback really helpful. I noticed that Ovo is compatible with Porche and you would have thought that Octopus could have sorted something out by now with Porsche. Looks like I may need to consider switching supplier to Ovo. May try Octopus go and switch if I need longer charging at cheap rate.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I have Octopus Go and a run of the mill charger (EVSE).
It works fine.

Set the timer and profile up in your car (lots of threads on this) and then just treat the charger as a dumb charger (no settings).

The car will tell the EVSE when it wants feeding - and when to turn off. The charger just responds.

Greenwich

First Name
Shams
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan 4s Cross
Country flag
I pick up my new Taycan on Monday and currently use Octopus for me energy supply. Am I able to use Octopus Go or Intelligent Octopus for home charging within Ohme Home Pro charger and how straightforward is this. Does anyone currently use Octopus
Hi.. as long as you have a smart meter you can use Go or Intelligent options. It’s having the meter is the important factor.
Hope this helps

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
A lot of folks making a meal out of a simple question!

I have the setup you mentioned, yes you can get Intelligent Octopus.
Super easy setup, works great.

I setup the Ohme to activate when it’s 10p and effectively leave my Taycan “dumb” (except for a max charge of 85%).

OP
OP

Bailey

First Name
Stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
A lot of folks making a meal out of a simple question!

I have the setup you mentioned, yes you can get Intelligent Octopus.
Super easy setup, works great.

I setup the Ohme to activate when it’s 10p and effectively leave my Taycan “dumb” (except for a max charge of 85%).

OP
OP

Bailey

First Name
Stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Thanks for your response I guess it’s fairly straightforward to make the car dumb and still restrict charge to 85%

bertcondiment

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo sport turismo
Country flag
Sorry to hijack thread and newbie question but can you use octopus go with the Porsche mobile charger or do you need a smart ev charge.. ohme etc

rb33gl

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Audi A3 TFSIe Hybrid, Porsche 964 (gone..)
Country flag
We have a Hypervolt charger and charge 7 hours overnight and 16.6p/kWh. Even though the day rate is higher, I would rather have 7 hours than 4 , 5 or 6 at a slightly lower rate as I don't need to charge as often. I can get 50kWh / 140 miles in that time, so I know when to charge back up to 85%.

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
Sorry to hijack thread and newbie question but can you use octopus go with the Porsche mobile charger or do you need a smart ev charge.. ohme etc
you can use Octopus Go with any charging kit you want it’s just a very simple product that gives four hours off peak rate. You do need a working smart meter.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
you can use Octopus Go with any charging kit you want it’s just a very simple product that gives four hours off peak rate. You do need a working smart meter.
........ As stated, and also useful for putting the washing machine on with an overnight timer and anything else that can benefit from the cheap rate.