OMG Elon really does lie

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
that would be a wild turn of events. I’m not sure what would induce it though.
It would induce exactly nothing. See what happened to Elon's vision of $35K Model 3. They sold a few "off menu" and short of features to limit interest in it (so much for Elon's "well equipped Model 3 for $35K" vision), so they can say they did it, not available since. See what happened to Elon's "FSD cost to coast demo by end of 2017", or "robo-taxi fleet by end of 2020" (which Elon still claimed was true in October of 2020!). See what happened to Elon's "3rd party app SDK soon" in 2013, or "all Tesla's made with AutoPilot 2.0 (2106) are capable of Level 5 autonomy (summon driverless car from New York to Los Angeles", or even "all AP1 (2015) cars will find you and meet you autonomously anywhere on private property", or even something completely obvious, like Elon saying 2014 P85D was a 700hp car - Tesla clarified it was 691hp, but two years later they admitted the battery had a fuse limiting it to 463hp, so Elon either had no clue what he was selling or knew what he was saying was a complete lie.

The guy took the "car salesman" stereotype into the 21st century, that's all.
Sponsored

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
The VW Chairman seems to like him and it seems was offered the Tesla CEO role!

Volkswagen is of course very competitive with Tesla. There have also been many parallels drawn between yourself and Tesla CEO Elon Musk, not least given your very active social media presence. Have you taken a leaf out of his playbook?

Diess: [Laughs] No, know I don't see any parallels. I highly regard what he's doing. I think he's a brilliant guy. And he really makes a difference. He's changing the world with his ventures.

I really like that he is thinking very long into the future. He's thinking far. And he's brilliant guy. But we are quite different. He is very focused on Tesla, on his story. I'm running a big traditional company, which we try to prepare for the future. And I think we also require different characters. I like him a lot, but I think we are quite different.

Is it true he was once tried to hire you as Tesla CEO?

Diess: I don't know. I don't know [laughs].

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag