Only 1 Taycan Turbo GT per dealer a year?

ChrisWatts

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S
Country flag
I’m driving my second Taycan, I have a Gen2 Turbo S on order, I configured a Turbo GT and told my dealer to order it.
Turns out that they’re going to be on a “list” and each dealer is only expecting one car per year.
Has anyone else heard of this?
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
1 per dealer per year sounds about right, given the expected limited production numbers. IIRC current Turbos and Turbo S's were delivered at up to 1 a month (either one or the other version, not one of each) at many dealers.
When you say "list", is that the mysterious Very Important Customer list that supposedly decides who's allowed to order the more rare Porsches?

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
There is one already listed for sale at my local dealer in Poland… I don’t see folks fighting for it.

OP
OP

ChrisWatts

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S
Country flag
1 per dealer per year sounds about right, given the expected limited production numbers. IRC current Turbos and Turbo S's were delivered at up to 1 a month (either one or the other version, not one of each) at many dealers.
When you say "list", is that the mysterious Very Important Customer list that supposedly decides who's allowed to order the more rare Porsches?
Yes, like the GT3 list that I’ve been on for 21 months…

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
From what I’ve seen, Porsche hasn’t done much since the Feb J1.II refresh announcement/launch. I don’t hear about many people getting allocations or placing order, and my dealer still isn’t giving me one. It seems to me like Porsche’s core customers for bad ass limited edition track toys aren’t going to embrace a super EV, so this whole thing seems like a terrible distraction from getting down to the business of actually doing anything with regards to promoting and selling J1.II’s.

Jraeven

First Name
Joop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo (cab), Cayenne S, AMG GT-C, Audi R8
Country flag
MY gen2 Taycan Turbo will be produced in June. Orderderd the car last week!
Got some incentive from Porsche on the trade in.

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
Sounds about right. Both Hatfield and East London have said they're only expecting one of which has already been allocated.

MHC

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Turbo, 2022 BMW IX,
Country flag
There always exclusive until their not. It is the Porsche dealer sales training. When I was trying to get my Taycan GTS sport turismo last spring they were impossible to get until all of a sudden one became available at list plus a 10k package of dealer add ons. I didn’t like the color and magically another one in a different color became available . Eventually they accepted sticker when I showed them there were at least six other cars for sale in 100 mile radius. Several of these cars were still listed for sale months after i bought mine. Same thing when I was inquiring about a 911S . List plus 20k. Magically as time went on list was what it would take to get an allocation. About 4 years back I was at a Porsche dealer in Greenwich CT and happened to stumble into the back warehouse where they had six 911 GT3’s parked. I asked about it and was told all were sold except for one car which was sticker plus 30k. Two months later I came in for service and 5 GT3’s were still parked there. Yes there are times these cars are hard to get but their is a lot of false scarecity going on at times to promote maximum dealer margin.

Vision

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo S
Country flag
It's a buyer's market right now, ev's are dropping rapidly in price. Maybe will be limited for a short time on launch, but if your patient I think it should be easy to get.

Zy1337

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT
Country flag
It's a buyer's market right now, ev's are dropping rapidly in price. Maybe will be limited for a short time on launch, but if your patient I think it should be easy to get.
No allocation at my dealer either yet
Sponsored