f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
However not having rear seats for a GT with four doors is just plain stupid. If you want to do a 2 seat variant that’s cool and fine by me but just make it 2 doors not 4…..
How in practical, legal engineering terms would you have expected them to do that?
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Maybe they could outsource engineering from Boeing. I hear they are good at covering up non functional panels
They could maybe have welded the rear doors up but that would have probably meant new crash tests in every territory so not cost effective.

Boeing :oops: how far have the mighty fallen, who would have expected their current level of uselessness?

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
:CWL: I'd be unsurprised if _MOST_ of the weight savings are from deletion of the rear seats…cause ya'know it's an EV and there isn't much to be had in terms of weight savings.

IMG_2106.jpeg
If they had deleted the rear doors too, I'd be in cost be damned.

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
Naturally, I'm digging the Purple Sky Metallic. I wonder if it will become a PTS color on the lesser trims.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
If they had deleted the rear doors too, I'd be in cost be damned.
It’d be kinda drafty, no?

Naturally, I'm digging the Purple Sky Metallic. I wonder if it will become a PTS color on the lesser trims.
They said something about these new colors being exclusive to the turbo GT trims for a year. Not clear if they become PTS after, or will just be standard/no-cost options. (To help with depreciation, naturally.)

d00d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
yes
Country flag
I dislike having to press a button or pull a paddle to get extra power, therefore only care about non LC/PTP power;
Turbo: 697 HP
Turbo S: 764 HP
Turbo GT: 777 HP
This makes the base Turbo look like a bargain, is that Porsche's not so secret plan?

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
They said something about these new colors being exclusive to the turbo GT trims for a year. Not clear if they become PTS after, or will just be standard/no-cost options. (To help with depreciation, naturally.)
For the sake of my marriage and bank account, let's hope they just retire it.

I'm still waiting for the first person to either (a) ask me if it's a wrap or (b) walk up and address my by my forum handle. One of you has to have seen me in the wild by now.

So far the best reaction has been the vet tech at the pet hospital who had dark purple highlights in her hair. When I brought our cat in early in the morning before there were any other cars parked out front, she said "ooh, it's purple, but not like obnoxious".

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I dislike having to press a button or pull a paddle to get extra power, therefore only care about non LC/PTP power;
Turbo: 697 HP
Turbo S: 764 HP
Turbo GT: 777 HP
This makes the base Turbo look like a bargain, is that Porsche's not so secret plan?
I thought the Turbo was the sweet spot even before the GT or the updated 2025 models came out.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Yup yup, and for those not tracking the car, or using launch control - I honestly felt no difference between the Turbo and Turbo S.
There is no difference between the 2, only in launch control because of the 600amp inverter on the front motor

The Turbo GT will have a 900amp inverter. Thats the only difference with the Turbo that I can see