Order or wait

HawkBlitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, BMW M2
Country flag
I have been on the fence for a while and finally looks like we have an allocation available for me to order 4S cross turismo. Here is my configuration:

PNTYP6H2

However, reading a bit looks like there are quite a few teething problems going on with the car platform (software especially) and I am wondering if I should wait longer for the issues to stabilize before replacing my current daily drive to work and kids school drop off/pickup.
Wanted to check in with current owners to see if they feel the car is reliable daily driver for them and problems are minor enough to live with. Thanks!
Sponsored

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
This scares me a lot too and has been the main reason I am yet to pull the trigger on an order. I had an opportunity to get the first GTS allocation and postponed that until the MY23 vehicles are released with my thinking being the longer I wait the more likely a lot of these sometimes critical issues will have been resolved.

Having been reading this forum for many months threads keep popping up where the owner has received an issue which deems the car not safe to drive resulting in them having to take the vehicle back to the dealer where it seems often there is a really long wait for a fix due to replacement parts taking a long time to source given the current climate with all the micro chips issues.

I appreciate these cases are more the exception than the rule but still I think the number of issues being reported and the horror stories of the car being at the dealers awaiting a fix for weeks/months is very off putting.

When I got my current EV and joined the relevant forum there was nothing anywhere close to the number of horror stories I have read here.

Eventually I’ll pull the trigger but at the moment as I’m not desperate for a new vehicle I’m happy to play the waiting game.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This forum has owners, buyers, and others. Of active posters, I think you will find a lot more owners and buyers than others/waiters. I'm a buyer with Taycan in transit. 304 people responded to a poll initiated in July 2021. 263 responded "very happy" or "exceeded expectations".

how happy with your purchase thread and poll

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have been on the fence for a while and finally looks like we have an allocation available for me to order 4S cross turismo. Here is my configuration:

PNTYP6H2

However, reading a bit looks like there are quite a few teething problems going on with the car platform (software especially) and I am wondering if I should wait longer for the issues to stabilize before replacing my current daily drive to work and kids school drop off/pickup.
Wanted to check in with current owners to see if they feel the car is reliable daily driver for them and problems are minor enough to live with. Thanks!
Get off the fence and punch it. You won't be disappointed.

I'm 12 months into ownership and had limited drama and nothing that kept me awake at night.

OP
OP

HawkBlitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, BMW M2
Country flag
Thanks for all the feedback! Any suggestions or feedback on the configuration?

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
This forum isn't exactly an echo chamber but i think it will give a false sense of the scale of issues! Any new marque has issues. Its just on here people are raising them and discussing them. Also from what I've researched this is one of the more active Taycan forums with members from all over the world so has a selection of people globally. These issues are the exception I think and all you have to do is Google search press issues or reliability issues and it its small numbers. I ordered mine RWD in June its due to arrive 3rd week of Feb. If I have issues they'll get fixed just like any other car I've owned. I can't wait for mine to arrive.

MAVG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 4s (going); MY22 CT 4s (on order)
I would order, you don’t know the future and you can’t insure against all aspect of life. Enjoy it!

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Go for it! My 2022 4S sedan is an absolute joy to love with. A couple buggy items but nowhere close to deal breakers. I wish I had this car as a daily driver years ago!! What a car!!! Don’t sleep on it!

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Nice build.

I have about 1500 miles on my new Taycan CT4, and have had no issues yet other than getting free charging going, and that took a few days after ownership and works fine now.

For the day to day it has been flawless. Remember, folks come here and often make accounts just to express frustration with something that has gone wrong, so it may seem like more people have problems than what is truly going on. Most people don't make accounts on forums after buying a product just to sing its praises.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag

PNTYP6H2

OMG! Your kids will beam with pride when you demonstrate to them that you are doing something proactive to save their planet (even though you are really buying the car because it is the most badass fun-mobile on the planet!) And if the software should crap out (highly unlikely), give the kids the day off school. The only downside to the Taycan is that you will soon start to hate driving in any other vehicle.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
There are definitely problems specially with software but i believe mostly the MY20s. i have 30000km+ on my MY20, was one of the early members on this forum, long before the cars arrived…….

my car has been in more times than i care for with too many persistent software issues. i decided to change. HOWEVER, i am not going away…. i ordered a new one even more specked out than the first one and took the opportunity to get a new color as well. even more giddy this time around than when i had waited for 5yrs!

So, i would say go for it. yes there are issues and some really annoying but it’s STILL worth it and you will never get enough.

in the hopefully near future i will however, change again to a lighter version and therefore probably more dynamic, once the Mission R becomes a production car for the road!

good luck,

DanielCA92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 xDrive45e, Ram 1500, Mach E
Country flag
It’s a lot of money, you really should be sure you’re in love with the car. You should wait for MY 2023. Now drop the allocation and let us know which dealer it’s with ?
Sponsored