OP
OP

Amelio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Older Tesla P85DL+, Shopping for a Taycan
Country flag
I have the 150kW option and it's completely useless in the USA. All it does is enable you to use higher-powered 400V chargers, which is something I've never encountered in my two years with the car. All the fast chargers are 800V and the slow chargers are 7-50kW.

This is a heavily-optioned car. PDCC is very expensive and not frequently optioned (but it's great - I have it). ACC gives you all the hardware required for InnoDrive - you can add it as a function on demand.
OK that’s good to know. I’m one of these guys that just likes to have the option whether I 100% need it or not especially if it’s not too expensive. On the other hand, I think I’m going to skip the massage seats. 😀

you guys love your acronyms! I had to Google PDCC - Porschedynamic chassis control

And CCS - combined charging system

I can’t believe how expensive some of the options are. A
I have the 150kW option and it's completely useless in the USA. All it does is enable you to use higher-powered 400V chargers, which is something I've never encountered in my two years with the car. All the fast chargers are 800V and the slow chargers are 7-50kW.

This is a heavily-optioned car. PDCC is very expensive and not frequently optioned (but it's great - I have it). ACC gives you all the hardware required for InnoDrive - you can add it as a function on demand.
So what’s the advantage of the PDCC package? Is it for safer control of the car?

has anyone added you innoDrive as a feature on demand after they bought the car? innoDrive and active Lane keeping is $3650 but I wonder if they give you a deal on this after the fact, “à la carte”
Sponsored

OP
OP

Amelio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
22kw charger only useful if you install a 100amp capable charging station in your garage.

150kw DC charger only useful if you plan to use Tesla superchargers in your travels.

300kw(actually its only about 275kw peak) charging speeds will happen at high speed Electrify America charging stations.

Passenger display is right next to the main display. Looks pretty but that's about it IMHO. Useless to me as the driver but you said you like it so :like:
Since you are buying a used Taycan you aren't paying full price for that option so no big deal either way.

Bose is a standard option with the Turbo.

I would say it's rather spartan if those are the only options.

Knowing the MSRP when it was new would help. A "well optioned" Turbo can be built out to cost over $200k USD with the average being around $170-$180k USD (I see you use CAD so
Porsche Taycan Overwhelmed by options available Taycan Turbo IMG_3844
convert as necessary)
so I added all the features into the listing check them out and see what you think. I’ve got a 100A circuit in my garage, so it would be nice to get to 22 kW option.

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Looks relatively solid... except it does not seem to have ACC? Or is that part of one of the packages? For me personally, that would be a deal breaker.

FWIW, I've never heard that the dealer adds on anything on a used car. There are only very few options which are FOD (function on demand, meaning you can add them by software later). There is another very small set of options that you can buy afterwards on Suncoast/Tequipment, with some of them requiring major labor.

You can add InnoDrive, but not ACC. InnoDrive requires ACC, and ACC requires specialized radar hardware.

OP
OP

Amelio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks relatively solid... except it does not seem to have ACC? Or is that part of one of the packages? For me personally, that would be a deal breaker.

FWIW, I've never heard that the dealer adds on anything on a used car. There are only very few options which are FOD (function on demand, meaning you can add them by software later). There is another very small set of options that you can buy afterwards on Suncoast/Tequipment, with some of them requiring major labor.

You can add InnoDrive, but not ACC. InnoDrive requires ACC, and ACC requires specialized radar hardware.
Good point thank you for mentioning. I got a list of option codes from the sales sheet:

Porsche Taycan Overwhelmed by options available Taycan Turbo IMG_3849

Here

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Good point thank you for mentioning. I got a list of option codes from the sales sheet:
Yeah, I consider this a well specced car otherwise, except for the lack of Adaptive Cruise Control. Some people don't care, but if you want it, I would not compromise on that. It cannot be added afterwards, and you'll be stuck with a car that does not do ACC whenever you think "ACC would be nice right now".

Also, "Smoking Package" is personally a bit of a red flag for me, though some people get it just because it's free and adds an ashtray for the cupholder that can be used for something else. If you can visit the car locally and thoroughly smell it out (keep in mind that smoke smell is something that can virtually disappear and reappear, depending on how strong), it might be fine. Just something to watch out for. Never mind if you're a smoker yourself, of course!

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag

this is incorrect - as Tesla opens up the supercharger network in the US they are all 400V chargers - if you do not have this option and need/want to use a supercharger you will be limited to 50 kW charge rate instead of a 3x faster 150 kW rate.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a42913649/tesla-opening-us-supercharger-network/

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OK that’s good to know. I’m one of these guys that just likes to have the option whether I 100% need it or not especially if it’s not too expensive. On the other hand, I think I’m going to skip the massage seats. 😀

you guys love your acronyms! I had to Google PDCC - Porschedynamic chassis control

And CCS - combined charging system

I can’t believe how expensive some of the options are. A

So what’s the advantage of the PDCC package? Is it for safer control of the car?

has anyone added you innoDrive as a feature on demand after they bought the car? innoDrive and active Lane keeping is $3650 but I wonder if they give you a deal on this after the fact, “à la carte”
Tesla's supercharger network is 400V…and more sites will become available starting now (there are already 12 sites nationwide and more to come).

with out this option you'll be limited to 50kW at one of those sites (which are more reliable, have more stalls, and tend to have more locations than other options).

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a42913649/tesla-opening-us-supercharger-network/

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

IMG_3849.jpeg

Here
this has the 400V/150 kW charger - that's the KM2 option - you're good to go for Tesla supercharger use at full 150 kW.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

IMG_3849.jpeg

Here
this is a nice build - there are very few functional options "missing" - I can't think of any major one's right now.

OP
OP

Amelio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
oh okay that’s good to know. 50kw isn’t bad but not great for family trips. Thanks for pointing out this important fact, I’m hoping to use Tesla’s network.

Tesla's supercharger network is 400V…and more sites will become available starting now (there are already 12 sites nationwide and more to come).

with out this option you'll be limited to 50kW at one of those sites (which are more reliable, have more stalls, and tend to have more locations than other options).

OP
OP

Amelio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, I consider this a well specced car otherwise, except for the lack of Adaptive Cruise Control. Some people don't care, but if you want it, I would not compromise on that. It cannot be added afterwards, and you'll be stuck with a car that does not do ACC whenever you think "ACC would be nice right now".

Also, "Smoking Package" is personally a bit of a red flag for me, though some people get it just because it's free and adds an ashtray for the cupholder that can be used for something else. If you can visit the car locally and thoroughly smell it out (keep in mind that smoke smell is something that can virtually disappear and reappear, depending on how strong), it might be fine. Just something to watch out for. Never mind if you're a smoker yourself, of course!
the dealer has another one, no PSD but InnoDrive and ACC, 5K more probably because because of these expensive options
No 19.2kw or 22kw :-/ it’s always something!
Good point on the smoking package, not something I’d opt for that’s for sure.

Porsche Taycan Overwhelmed by options available Taycan Turbo IMG_3847

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
the dealer has another one, no PSD but InnoDrive and ACC, 5K more probably because because of these expensive options
Good point on the smoking package, not something I’d opt for that’s for sure.

IMG_3847.jpeg
19.2 kW is not a thing in North America - there are few if any 19.2 kW charger "in the wild" - mostly you get this option if _YOU_ are going to have a 100 amp EVSE in your home/work/vacation home - otherwise it will go mostlly unused.

so I would not let the lack of a 19.2 kW charger deter you - also it _CAN_ be retrofitted at great cost if you desire.

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have the 19.2kW and I don’t use it. Charging the car overnight, 9.6kW works out very well for me. When charging out and about, it’s all DC charging between 50kW and 270kW… I’ve used AC chargers outside of home at hotels overnight and in the work parking lot, but they were actually less than 9.2kW.

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This other car has BOSE, right? You don’t need to go for Burmester (it’s rare because it’s super expensive), but unless you don’t care about listening to music at all, the standard sound system is not good. However, I think BOSE may be part of the base package on the Turbo? Or maybe just on later MYs?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag

I think you are making a big assumption, that a lack of smoking package means nobody smoked in the car. Personally, I couldn't care less if it has a smoking package, if it's a used car, I need to sit in it and smell it before I buy it.
Sponsored