Overwhelmed by options available Taycan Turbo

Amelio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Older Tesla P85DL+, Shopping for a Taycan
Country flag
I’m looking at a 2020 Taycan Turbo and wondering if this is well optioned. There’s just so many options to choose from on this car. I’m just a bit overwhelmed!

Does Adaptive Cruise Control give you InnoDrive? IE is it part of the package?
I just realized this car doesn't have InnoDrive...

I've pasted in the complete list:

BOSE® Surround Sound-System
Sport Chrono Package
Air Suspension
Panoramic Roof
Reversing Camera incl. ParkAssist System (Front and Rear) and Surround View
LED-Matrix Design Headlights
Performance Battery Plus
Included Options
Packages
Premium Package
Performance Package
Exterior
Electric Folding Exterior Mirrors
Window Trim in Gloss Black
'PORSCHE' Logo Painted in Matte Black with Model Designation Painted in Gloss Black
Transmission / Chassis
Porsche Electric Sport Sound
GM3
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
Rear Axle Steering
Sport Chrono Package
Wheels
21" Mission E Design Wheels
Wheels Painted in Exterior Colour
All-Season Tires for 21" Wheels
Q77
Interior
Ionizer
Adaptive Sport Seats (18-way) with Memory Package
Seat Ventilation (front)
Storage Package
Sport Chrono Clock Dial in Bordeaux Red
Smoking Package
Advanced Climate Control, 4-Zone
Interior carbon
Carbon Fibre Interior Package
Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel in Race-Tex with Carbon Fibre Spokes (i.c.w. leather interior)
Audio / Comm.
Passenger Display
E-Mobility
Power Charge Port Cover
On-Board DC-Charger, 150 kW
Mobile Charger Connect
Vehicle Cable 7.5m
Lights vision
Panoramic Roof, Fixed
Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass
Comfort assistance
Surround View Camera System
Lane Change Assist

Standard Features:

Note: List shows default standard equipment for this trim.
The following list shows the standard equipment for this trim level. The individual configuration and selected options are not reflected. This list might show equipment, which was replaced due to the selection of an option.
Power unit
Porsche E-Performance powertrain with a permanent magnet synchronous motor on the front and rear axle
Power up to 616 hp with maximum torque 626 lb-ft during Launch Control
Single-speed transmission on the front axle, with two-speed transmission on the rear axle
Performance Battery Plus
Porsche Traction Management (PTM)
Porsche Recuperation Management (PRM)
Sport Mode for dynamic performance settings incl. Launch Control
Range Mode for efficiency-oriented settings
Suspension
Aluminum double wishbone front axle with aluminum multi-link rear axle
Vehicle Stability System Porsche Stability Management (PSM) with ABS and extended brake functions
Integrated Porsche 4D Chassis Control
Adaptive Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
Power Steering Plus
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)
Wheels and Tires
20" Taycan Turbo Aero Wheels
Front: 9.0 J x 20 ET 54 with 245/45 R20 tires
Rear: 11.0 J x 20 ET 60 with 285/40 R 20 tires
Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS)
Brakes
10-piston aluminum monobloc fixed calipers front, 4-piston at the rear
Porsche Surface Coated Brakes (PSCB) diameter 415 mm at front and 365 mm at rear, discs internally vented front and rear
Calipers painted in white
Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
Electric parking brake
Brake pad wear indicator
Auto-hold fonction
Multi-collision brake
Body
Lightweight bodyshell: fully galvanized steel-aluminum hybrid
Hood, tailgate, doors, side sections and front wings in aluminum
Roof in aluminum with double-bubble contouring
Full-surface aerodynamic underbody panelling
Upper valance with vertical air intakes
Lower valance with inlays painted in exterior colour
Auto-deploying door handles
Side window trims in gloss silver
Door sill guards in brushed aluminum in silver incl. loading edge protection in stainless steel
Sideskirts in black with inlays painted in exterior colour
Exterior mirror lower trims painted in exterior colour incl. mirror base in black
Porsche Active Aerodynamics (PAA) with active air intake flaps and adaptive rear spoiler
Rear diffusor in louvered design with inlay painted in exterior colour
'PORSCHE' logo in glass look integrated into light strip
Model designation on tailgate in silver
Lighting Systems
LED Matrix headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
Four-point LED daytime running lights
Automatic headlight activation incl. 'Welcome Home' lighting
LED interior lighting concept
Auto dimming interior and exterior mirrors
Electrically adjustable and heatable exterior mirrors
Climate Control Systems
2-zone, advanced climate control
Parking pre-climitization incl. pre-conditioning of the battery
Thermally insulated glass incl. windshield with grey top-tint
Active carbon fine dust filter for interior cabin
Seats
Seat heating front and rear
Comfort seats (14-way electric) with memory package
Rear seats with 2 captain seats and fold-out centre armrest (split folding backrests 60:40)
Safety & Security
4 doors with integrated side impact protection
Bumpers comprising high-strength cross members and two deformation elements
Full-size air bags at front
Knee airbags at front
Side airbags front and rear
Curtain airbags along entire roof frame and side windows from the A-pillar to the C-pillar with rollover detection
Three point seat belts with pretensioners and force limiters
Immobilizer with remote central locking and alarm system with radar based interior surveillance
Warn & Brake Assist pedestrian detection system
Electrical Systems
12 V Electrical socket in centre console and another in the rear luggage compartment
Instruments
16.8" Curved Driver Display incl. touchscreen controls on the perimeter
10.9" full HD resolution touchscreen centre console display
Centre console with Direct Touch Control
Lane Keep Assist (LKA) incl. Traffic Sign Recognition
Cruise control incl. adaptive speed limiter
Collision and Brake Assist
ParkAssist (front and rear) with rear view camera
Keyless Drive incl. Comfort Access
Personalization settings for ergonomy, comfort, infotainment, lighting functions as well as assistance and display settings
HomeLink garage door opener
Interior
Leather interior in smooth-finish leather
'Taycan' Logo in centre console
'turbo' logo on headrests front and rear
Interior accent package in black
Roof-lining in Race-Tex
Heated, multifunction sports steering wheel in leather
Centre console armrest front with integrated storage compartment
Surround of gas/brake pedals in stainless steel
Floor mats
Ambient lighting
Audio and Communication
Porsche Communication Management (PCM) incl. online navigation, mobile phone preparation, audio interfaces and voice control
Two USB-C ports in the centre console, and two in the rear
Radio with RDS twin-tuner and diversity for optimum reception
Porsche Connect incl. Apple® CarPlay*
LTE communication module with embedded SIM Card, internet access and smartphone compartment
BOSE Surround Sound System with 14 speakers incl. subwoofer for a total output of 710 watts
*The availability of Porsche Connect services is dependent on the availability of wireless network coverage which may not be available in all areas, and may be subject to eventual technology sunset or deactivation, thus nullifying services. The vehicle equipment necessary to use Porsche Connect is only available factory-installed, and cannot be retrofitted. Likewise, the vehicle equipment may not work with future mobile networks yet to be deployed. Some functions may require separate subscriptions, or data charges may apply.
Luggage Compartment
Luggage compartment at front and rear
Automatic tailgate
E-Performance
Charge port on driver (AC) and passenger side (AC and DC)
On-board AC charger with 9.6 kW for alternating current
On-board DC charger with 50 kW for public charging stations with a voltage of 400 V
Charging with direct current (DC) at public charging stations with a voltage of 800 V
Mobile Charger Plus with 9.6 kW incl. wall mount and cable connection to the vehicle
Supply cable for standard NEMA 14-50 electrical socket
Auxiliary heat pump for more efficient climate conditioning
Warranty
Warranty until 2026-06-30
New Car Warrantyuntil 2024-06-29
Porsche Approved Warrantyuntil 2026-06-29
Warranty until¹2026-06-29

is this a well-equipped turbo? Any must-haves that are missing

feedback would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Last edited:

tomw00

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS P510e, i3S,Turbo
Country flag
The 150kW is a little bit confusing. It basically allows you to use 400v chargers such as the Tesla ones I believe. If you plug into a 800v you will get >150kW charging - I have the same options as these and can charge at 270kW. I use the adaptive cruise control on long journeys. Check if the car supports it or not

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
22kw charger only useful if you install a 100amp capable charging station in your garage.

150kw DC charger only useful if you plan to use Tesla superchargers in your travels.

300kw(actually its only about 275kw peak) charging speeds will happen at high speed Electrify America charging stations.

Passenger display is right next to the main display. Looks pretty but that's about it IMHO. Useless to me as the driver but you said you like it so :like:
Since you are buying a used Taycan you aren't paying full price for that option so no big deal either way.

Bose is a standard option with the Turbo.

I would say it's rather spartan if those are the only options.

Knowing the MSRP when it was new would help. A "well optioned" Turbo can be built out to cost over $200k USD with the average being around $170-$180k USD (I see you use CAD so convert as necessary)

OP
OP

Amelio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The 150kW is a little bit confusing. It basically allows you to use 400v chargers such as the Tesla ones I believe. If you plug into a 800v you will get >150kW charging - I have the same options as these and can charge at 270kW. I use the adaptive cruise control on long journeys. Check if the car supports it or not
You nailed this for me, exactly what I was looking for thank you

OP
OP

Amelio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for all the detail! It’s probably an off-lease car with those standard options. I’m going look up and see what it comes with and paste in before the list when I get a chance.

22kw charger only useful if you install a 100amp capable charging station in your garage.

150kw DC charger only useful if you plan to use Tesla superchargers in your travels.

300kw(actually its only about 275kw peak) charging speeds will happen at high speed Electrify America charging stations.

Passenger display is right next to the main display. Looks pretty but that's about it IMHO. Useless to me as the driver but you said you like it so :like:
Since you are buying a used Taycan you aren't paying full price for that option so no big deal either way.

Bose is a standard option with the Turbo.

I would say it's rather spartan if those are the only options.

Knowing the MSRP when it was new would help. A "well optioned" Turbo can be built out to cost over $200k USD with the average being around $170-$180k USD (I see you use CAD so convert as necessary)

NLister18

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
B9.5 Audi RS5 Sportback
Country flag
I was in the same boat as you when I first started looking at Used/CPO Taycan inventory. As others have mentioned, looking up the VIN using something like https://vinanalytics.com would be a great start. In order to better understand the options, I would also recommend building one yourself on the official Porsche website. This will give you a better idea of what you would personally want equipped in your Taycan. Believe me, we are all very different when it comes to prioritizing options.

Me personally, I would not buy a Turbo that isn’t equipped with at least the premium and performance packages. That gives you a ton of options alone. Everything else is just personal taste after that.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
I have the 150kW option and it's completely useless in the USA. All it does is enable you to use higher-powered 400V chargers, which is something I've never encountered in my two years with the car. All the fast chargers are 800V and the slow chargers are 7-50kW.

This is a heavily-optioned car. PDCC is very expensive and not frequently optioned (but it's great - I have it). ACC gives you all the hardware required for InnoDrive - you can add it as a function on demand.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Get the VIN and pull the Moroney. Your list looks like a good start.
I have seen a page under My Porche website, after you are logged in, where you can enter VIN to generate the Moroney label but now I cannot find it. Am I imagining this?

OP
OP

Amelio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the 150kW option and it's completely useless in the USA. All it does is enable you to use higher-powered 400V chargers, which is something I've never encountered in my two years with the car. All the fast chargers are 800V and the slow chargers are 7-50kW.

This is a heavily-optioned car. PDCC is very expensive and not frequently optioned (but it's great - I have it). ACC gives you all the hardware required for InnoDrive - you can add it as a function on demand.
OK that’s good to know thank you for the help
I’m one of these guys that just likes to have the option whether I 100% need it or not especially if it’s not too expensive. On the other hand, I think I’m going to skip the massage seats. 😀

One thing I would like is the $550 third seat in the back. I don’t think I can add this?

you guys love your acronyms! I had to Google PDCC - Porschedynamic chassis control

you guys love your acronyms! I had to Google PDCC - Porschedynamic chassis control

One thing I would like is the $550 third seat in the back. I don’t think I can add this?

And CCS - combined charging system

I can’t believe how expensive some of the options are. APA - active parking assist
Wow! I have this on my current car, which was included. Would be nice to have but that’s an expensive option I really don’t need. I watched a video of it. It does look pretty nice though.

The dealership has had his car in stock for a couple of months I wonder. I wonder how flexible they would be to add in some of the goodies I would like?

They have two very similar cars one with innodrive and no PSD, and one with PSD and no innoDrive. I’m thinking I don’t need that 3rd display that bad.

OP
OP

Amelio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have seen a page under My Porche website, after you are logged in, where you can enter VIN to generate the Moroney label but now I cannot find it. Am I imagining this?
I’ll have a look for it, thanks

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My Porsche page > click on vehicle > scroll down to Window Sticker
Porsche Taycan Overwhelmed by options available Taycan Turbo Image 5-23-23 at 5.45 PM

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag

That, according to this article, is about to change: Tesla opening USA supercharger network. Apparently, they plan on opening 7500 superchargers to non-Tesla brands by the end of 2024.

That said, it is/was a cheap option but one that might pay dividends going forward. I have it on my car and, IMO would rate it a plus on any used EV I would consider buying.

OP
OP

Amelio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was in the same boat as you when I first started looking at Used/CPO Taycan inventory. As others have mentioned, looking up the VIN using something like https://vinanalytics.com would be a great start. In order to better understand the options, I would also recommend building one yourself on the official Porsche website. This will give you a better idea of what you would personally want equipped in your Taycan. Believe me, we are all very different when it comes to prioritizing options.

Me personally, I would not buy a Turbo that isn’t equipped with at least the premium and performance packages. That gives you a ton of options alone. Everything else is just personal taste after that.

thank you for the tip to spec my own. I think I’ve gotten myself into trouble and added a lot more options that I would like that aren’t included with my used ones. Then the $22,000 luxury tax, yikes!
I know I agree. I added in all of the options and futures to my original post so it does have those. I wish it had the technology package. And the lighting package would be nice but not a must-have
Sponsored