MWarsaw

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well...I waited a couple hours, restarted and everything works perfectly. I think we’re going to have a lot of little bugs to work out that we’re just not used to in conventional cars.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tnikolov

tnikolov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Well...I waited a couple hours, restarted and everything works perfectly. I think we’re going to have a lot of little bugs to work out that we’re just not used to in conventional cars.
How is conventional gasoline car different in parking equipment than the Taycan? I think we need to acknowledge Porsche’s Taycan PCM is just rubbish at this point and hope they’d start patching it faster and over the air.

To illustrate my point - My car is at the dealership for yet another problem (my radio stopped again) and this time it has been there for 5 days already with no sign of getting it back soon. This is the 4th time to visit the dealer in just as many months. All problems are connected to PCM.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
How is conventional gasoline car different in parking equipment than the Taycan? I think we need to acknowledge Porsche’s Taycan PCM is just rubbish at this point and hope they’d start patching it faster and over the air.

To illustrate my point - My car is at the dealership for yet another problem (my radio stopped again) and this time it has been there for 5 days already with no sign of getting it back soon. This is the 4th time to visit the dealer in just as many months. All problems are connected to PCM.
That could be problematic. Is there not a way to reset it? There must be a button combination push or something that resets the PCM without defaulting it to factory settings? Not everyone is complaining about the PCM though. Maybe you just need a complete software update?

zeebee2

First Name
Zahid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (since June 20) and Land Rover Evoque
Country flag
I have had the same problem today. Switching off and restarting did not help. Nor did locking and leaving it for 60 seconds..

Last edited:

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
I've had this happen a number of times. When it does, the lower screen's "parking camera" button will turn into a steering wheel. I'll also get another error at the same time, which I didn't take a picture of, but usually it's an abbreviation like "HITS" or "WTPS" or something like that, with little radar symbols around the car perimeter.

What's interesting here is that Park Assist - meaning automatic parking - isn't even available in MY2020 cars.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I've had this happen a number of times. When it does, the lower screen's "parking camera" button will turn into a steering wheel. I'll also get another error at the same time, which I didn't take a picture of, but usually it's an abbreviation like "HITS" or "WTPS" or something like that, with little radar symbols around the car perimeter.

What's interesting here is that Park Assist - meaning automatic parking - isn't even available in MY2020 cars.
Interesting that you say that. I saw that briefly when my car reported that issue. But never took a picture and it clear after a lock, unlock.

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting that you say that. I saw that briefly when my car reported that issue. But never took a picture and it clear after a lock, unlock.
I'm glad it's not just me. I have seen the "Steering Wheel and P" icon in the lower screen just before the car powers on, too. Then it switches to the normal icon... it looks like they intended to have Park Assist in the 2020 cars but didn't finish it, but all the code wasn't stripped out. Or, they plan to have it available as a post-sale purchase.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm glad it's not just me. I have seen the "Steering Wheel and P" icon in the lower screen just before the car powers on, too. Then it switches to the normal icon... it looks like they intended to have Park Assist in the 2020 cars but didn't finish it, but all the code wasn't stripped out. Or, they plan to have it available as a post-sale purchase.
Wait, isn’t ParkAssist just the cameras and sensors for detecting how close to ramming into something you? I thought the self-park feature was called something else.

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wait, isn’t ParkAssist just the cameras and sensors for detecting how close to ramming into something you? I thought the self-park feature was called something else.
I think your'e right - I think ParkAssist is just basic cameras and sensors, and Surround View is sort of the ++ of it. Automatic parking is different.

Sorry about that. So many IntercapTerms translated FromGerman.

taycan4sl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone else seen this? Happened to me for the third time today. Also, my business partner (who also has a Taycan) said after I complained to him it happened to him as well and he almost crushed his in our office garage.

IMG_1477.JPG
Happened to my 4S today. Is there a permanent fix? I realized that I am unable to backup without cameras. :)

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Add me to the club (sigh)... :(

I also notice that half the surround view camera image is messed up if I put it in reverse...

MWarsaw

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Add me to the club (sigh)... :(

I also notice that half the surround view camera image is messed up if I put it in reverse...
Restart and it will work again. But it may take a while. It will fix itself, but yeah, pain in the butt for sure.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Restart and it will work again. But it may take a while. It will fix itself, but yeah, pain in the butt for sure.
I guess I'm curious if this means there is something in my car which will ultimately need to be fixed (i.e. loose connection) - or if this is just something that potentially happens to any/every Taycan (i.e. buggy software)...

Have we determined that yet?

MWarsaw

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I guess I'm curious if this means there is something in my car which will ultimately need to be fixed (i.e. loose connection) - or if this is just something that potentially happens to any/every Taycan (i.e. buggy software)...

Have we determined that yet?
It appears to be just software, nothing physically wrong with the system.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great! (Sort of...)

Thanks!
Sponsored