andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I’m trying to login to my car for the first time. I have a Porsche ID, and I‘ve been able to use track my dream.

Following the link sent to me via email by my dealer, I was able to register the car to my Porsche ID. When I try to login, I‘m getting a “registration is currently not available error”. Logging into the my.porsche.com website reveals the car is registered, but it says “The selected vehicle does not have Porsche Connect. You therefore cannot use any Porsche Connect Services.”

I’ve tried deleting the car and re-registering but that didn’t change anything. I’m considering deleting the car again and trying to register it to a new Porsche ID. My dealer called Porsche and opened a ticket. Their SLA is 48 hours. Not a great delivery experience, but I have to admit I was half expecting it…

Has anyone else seen this and possibly know the solution? The car was delivered with the new software.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Have you received a series of activation messages from Porsche - for the Connect Services? If not then that might explain it.

OP
OP
andrewket

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have you received a series of activation messages from Porsche - for the Connect Services? If not then that might explain it.
Only the email to register the car. During the registration it asks me to verify the model. It appears as a Taycan.

OP
OP
andrewket

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok so sounds like some admin is outstanding - the dealer should assist here.
This all happened with the sales manager in the car :)

RecoveringGT3Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Country flag
Did this ever get resolved, and if so, how? I am stuck in this state now. TYD still says I need to schedule delivery... wondering if that is contributing to the problem.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
@RecoveringGT3Addict @andrewket Did either of you resolve this issue with the "Registration is currently not available" error? I am coming up blank. I have my car added in Porsche Connect but it won't log in on the PCM. The log in button is greyed out and it says Registration is currently not available.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
I have my car added in Porsche Connect but it won't log in on the PCM.
From what I have read on this forum, it sometimes takes 2 days for the registration to go through.

It would be nice if this process could get started by the dealer before you (we) take delivery to make sure the registration is done before the car is picked up.

Is anyone familiar with how this can be done? I got a call today that my Taycan will be ready at the dealer next week.

RecoveringGT3Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Country flag
It took me over a week or more to get things squared away. I had the salesperson bugging porsche and I was also bugging them. Then all of a sudden one day it worked. I did make sure to back out of my garage to ensure better connectivity. But I had tried that before to no avail. For me the big problem was it was stuck in private mode. Make sure that is not on. If it takes a long time before it seems to switch state, that likely means it timed out and did not really work. But one day it worked quickly and once out of private mode I was able to finally sign in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
andrewket

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@RecoveringGT3Addict @andrewket Did either of you resolve this issue with the "Registration is currently not available" error? I am coming up blank. I have my car added in Porsche Connect but it won't log in on the PCM. The log in button is greyed out and it says Registration is currently not available.
I took delivery in June, so it’s getting a little fuzzy. The sales manager at my dealer had to call Porsche. The next day it started working as expected. I know that doesn’t help you… sorry.
Sponsored