Passenger screen activated or disabled when driving?

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Cars without a screen still have the screen..it just does not work! It looks and feels like a screen! I think there may be a way to get them to work after market with a firmware update hmmmm
Sponsored

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Cars without a screen still have the screen..it just does not work! It looks and feels like a screen! I think there may be a way to get them to work after market with a firmware update hmmmm
There might be a piece of glass there, but I highly doubt anything is behind it.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Maybe, maybe not...time will tell...doubt they would make two different types of dashboard as its all one integrated unit! Something tells me there will br a way to activate it later via a dealer :)

Last edited:

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
After thinking about this a while, I think the passenger screen is a great feature. If I'm driving with my wife or a passenger on any kind of trip, they can bring up the map and help navigate. If we need to find a charging station, they can do that. If I'm traveling with my wife and we want to listen to her preferred station (mandatory), then she has control. The temperature controls will also contribute greatly to marital harmony...

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
My dealer said that from september you can watch Netflix on passenger display.
in all my other cars we can watch tv and videos when driving.
no option to have screens at the back for kids. In Panamera we have, taycan ct not.

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
Can anyone tell me if the passenger screen is really disabled when driving? At first I thought it would only work if someone is sitting in the passenger seat. Yesterday when I was in the car (showroom, not driving) the screen worked without a passenger.

I asked the sales representative, but he could not answer my question, because he also assumed that someone should be in the seat. Maybe the screen works when standing still and shuts off at certain speeds?
Dennis
my dealer told me that Netflix will be on soon? Have you heard about this too? Who is your PC?

OP
OP

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Dennis
my dealer told me that Netflix will be on soon? Have you heard about this too? Who is your PC?
This is new for me. Would be very interesting though. I bought my Porsche in the Netherlands (PC Gelderland).

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
This is new for me. Would be very interesting though. I bought my Porsche in the Netherlands (PC Gelderland).
Ok, bought mine at Carrera Motors, Porsche East Flanders, in St Martens Latem. Keep you posted when i have update about this.
Sponsored