First Name
Dominik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi,
AMERCY had the idea for a trick or hack thread.
i am aware of two:
1. Tap 2 fingers in upper right corner to reboot the PCM and get into service menu.
2. swipe left or right on the cameras and select a unseen camera to get 3D surround view.

maybe there are more.
Sponsored

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
Following. I’m also curious if anyone has hacked this thing yet. It seems that the units are largely built the same internally, and the features are enabled/disabled by software. So likely features you didnt pay for, are built into the car, but are not active. If someone does figure it out, I’m sure it’ll void the warranty completely but I’d like to see if it has been done or is possible.

Oink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+, M3P
Country flag
Find me one to have the spoiler up at maximum height at all times and I'll kiss your feet. Driving with the spoiler at stage 1 (via cleaning mode) is not cool. It's barely up and just makes it look like the trunk isn't closed to people who don't know better. :p

Wonder if sticking something in there while it's up all the way will force it to not close, or break it or the motors. Heh.

Porsche Taycan PCM hacks 1612621811438

AMERCY

First Name
Christof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan '19 (Crayon), Taycan 4S+ '21 (Black)
Country flag
Hi,
i am aware of two:
1. Tap 2 fingers in upper right corner to reboot the PCM and get into service menu.
2. swipe left or right on the cameras and select a unseen camera to get 3D surround view.

maybe there are more.
@Schlarbsi
Hi,
i am aware of two:

maybe there are more.
@Schlarbsi , thank you (danke). I'd love to investigate and poke around. But (I mentioned already somewhere else): Just coming back from my Toycan (yes, Toycan as in toy) and trying, as I did all the recent days, to get into that enigmatic menu again. I succeeded once, and only once, to get there - just while the car was being handed over. The sales consultant observed that. I never ever succeeded since then. Could I have been locked out ? Paranoia - but I really tried often and hard.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
Maybe that only works when no user is signed into the car?

AMERCY

First Name
Christof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe that only works when no user is signed into the car?
Thank you for hinting. Yet: When I tried it at the dealership, I have been signed in. As I understand - not being signed in is not an option. So yes, I tried it with guest as well.
Quite strange. So - is ther anybody out there who can do this over and over again, i.e. not only once?
And if so - I understand tap is holding two fingertips kindof 1 cm apart for more than 10 seconds, top right of the main display?
Thanks/Tak/Danke

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Thank you for hinting. Yet: When I tried it at the dealership, I have been signed in. As I understand - not being signed in is not an option. So yes, I tried it with guest as well.
Quite strange. So - is ther anybody out there who can do this over and over again, i.e. not only once?
And if so - I understand tap is holding two fingertips kindof 1 cm apart for more than 10 seconds, top right of the main display?
Thanks/Tak/Danke
Varsågod! Works any time I want to do it. Not that it helps much or changes anything, but it resets me to engineering mode .

AMERCY

First Name
Christof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Varsågod! Works any time I want to do it. Not that it helps much or changes anything, but it resets me to engineering mode .
I'm raising the white flag. No way I can do it - I'm simply doing it not in the right way. Could a kind soul please redeem me, please. May be a rough sketch with finger tip position, or a photo/video, or a screen shot token from the manual page and two red dots drawn into, or - whatever.
Thank you!
Sponsored