Headake

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I got to hear from a porsche technician that i should not do that at all ;) (engineering mode / reboot)

I guess they dont like workarounds for their software-bullshit very much and we should suffer
Sponsored

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
My volume is stuck on 1 and no music will play.

I've been trying this 2-finger reboot for 10 minutes and it's just giving me a 1-finger salute.

There has to be a better way??
Mine sometimes struggles to pick up where I left off with Internet Radio.

I usually need to shuffle through the audio inputs to get DAB Radio or USB playing - and then I can get Internet radio back.

I have music input on my steering wheel diamond button, so it's just about 4 clicks on that (DAB or Bluetooth) to start playing.
Then 1 more click to get Internet radio back on.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Any way to run this on an iPad ? Any plans to develop it for Apple devices ?
Well, afaik that would require 100 USD a year for an Apple developer account. We like the engineering/software development work, but we don't like to feed greedy corp for a hobby project! Therefore, very, very unlikely. :)

kanthai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
there is also an advanced way to reset the PCM by using the Taycanizer tool. https://www.taycanizer.com/

and enter this in the tinker section

Code:
<command send="1102" header="atsh773" skipCount="1" >
  <value name="Reset PCM" conversion="B3" unit="🔫"/>
</command>
it will perform a "key on/off reset" without entering the engineering menu and will be therefor faster.

there should be a big button for that as default in the next major release if Porsche does not improve that silly MIB3.
Thank you very much for this!

It help me today to be able to restart PCM. I have been able to do the 2-finger reboot successfully in the past, but today (and yesterday), no matter how hard I try, it won't go into the engineering mode. After sending the above command, my PCM immediately reboot and everything is working again, including the 2-finger reboot trick.

I would call this method "The middle finger (to Porsche) reboot ™ ". Such a hassle to get the PCM working again. I've to keep my laptop in the car from now on!

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Eager to try it out on IOS. Presume we will need an OBD dongle … Thanks.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
as of now Android+IOS version are public!

https://play.google.com/store/…ls?id=com.ovz.carscanner&

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/…ner-elm-obd2/id1259933623

Pro Version is not a must, but nicer :)

to make it clear, this is one of the better known OBD2 apps and I helped the author with making it work with the Taycan and provided some reverse engineered diag channels (some call it PIDs).

I tested at least 5 different dongles, BLE Dongles are much easier to handle and must have for IOS.

please test it and share some impression, screenshots, data, bugs, ideas and dashboard designs!

short howto:

in settings, choose your BT device, then select Porsche, Taycan profile and ready to connect and play around.

Last edited:

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Last edited:

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
latest update now contains the "reset PCM" button (assign "MMI reboot" sensor action to dashboard) and bug fixing the SoH display.

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
latest update now contains the "reset PCM" button (assign "MMI reboot" sensor action to dashboard) and bug fixing the SoH display.
May I suggest a softer verb, like ‘Restart’ or ‘Reboot’? ‘Reset PCM’ sounds potentially destructive, like restoring to factory defaults.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
technically speaking it's a "key on/off reset", more or less ISO defined wording.

but feel free to name it like you want, it's customizable.

I'd appreciate nice dash board designs, assignments, which can be exported and shared! 👍

kanthai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
technically speaking it's a "key on/off reset", more or less ISO defined wording.

but feel free to name it like you want, it's customizable.

I'd appreciate nice dash board designs, assignments, which can be exported and shared! 👍
Please make a new thread for this so that more people are aware of it and you can get more feedback as well.

Anyway, I really appreciate what you did for Taycan OBD diagnostics. There are none that really work aside from PIWIS which is costly to get for a hobbyist.

Now, I will excuse myself and go have some fun with my OBD dongle!

EDIT: Just tried it. That's a lot of information!
My question is: How accurate is SoH measurement? Was it reported by the BMS? A week ago, when I was using Taycanizer to reset the PCM, I remember seeing my SoH at 83%. Today on Car Scanner, I got only 73%! That's a 10% drop in 12 days!
Should I worry? My 2021 4S was 8 months old with 15,000 km.

Last edited:

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
Please make a new thread for this so that more people are aware of it and you can get more feedback as well.

Anyway, I really appreciate what you did for Taycan OBD diagnostics. There are none that really work aside from PIWIS which is costly to get for a hobbyist.

Now, I will excuse myself and go have some fun with my OBD dongle!

EDIT: Just tried it. That's a lot of information!
My question is: How accurate is SoH measurement? Was it reported by the BMS? A week ago, when I was using Taycanizer to reset the PCM, I remember seeing my SoH at 83%. Today on Car Scanner, I got only 73%! That's a 10% drop in 12 days!
+1 on a dedicated thread @rs38, worth a proper announcement. You deserve the kudos and it’ll be great to gather feedback and tips etc. Thanks again - my new dongle arrives tomorrow, won’t have time to try until the weekend.

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
A week ago, when I was using Taycanizer to reset the PCM, I remember seeing my SoH at 83%. Today on Car Scanner, I got only 73%! That's a 10% drop in 12 days!
even 83% is the worst SoH I heard of! 🙄
please check car scanner version, 1.93.x is showing the correct value. 1.92 showed SoC instead
please stay tuned, your bad battery may be valuable data to learn from 😬there are many more statistical, historical data in the BMS.
Sponsored

Last edited: