whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Mine is the older version…

IMG_0868.jpeg
Perhaps take in into service to get it upgraded. Technically it was supposed to be updated over the air, but 2 months after receiving the email from Porsche that my car will OTA, the dealer just did it while the car was in for a different service.

OP
OP

anoobis

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s, 2020 BMW M2 Comp, 2023 C8 Z06
Country flag
I haven't had this issue in a while. I will update the thread next time I get in the car with what version she's running.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Won't help.

I got the WPN8 update back in November. Since then I was presented with the black screen and Porsche logo twice (also had it happen once or twice before the update). One of the times, I actually needed the GPS guidance.

Both times it happen when I left the car for a very short time (5-10 min?) Apparently the car needs x minutes to do a full shutdown. If you return to the car while it's still turning off, that bug can appear.

Maybe a WPN10 someday?

senwar

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY24 CT4
Country flag
Had this for first time Friday. Car was in dealership for first time and as I drove off it stuck on loading maps on main screen and Porsche logo on centre.

Happened again today. Grrrr

OP
OP

anoobis

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s, 2020 BMW M2 Comp, 2023 C8 Z06
Country flag
Porsche Taycan PCM Stuck on Porsche screen IMG_4131

My version as of yesterday. Haven’t had the black screen issue in a long time.

Jeffrey B

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW M6; Porsche Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
Hey wondering if anyone has seen this before. My new 2022 Taycan 4s is stuck on the Porsche screen... Drives fine and everything. CarPlay still seems to work, but no map in the driver display.

I rebooted into engineering mode 3 times and restarted. No luck. Any ideas here gents? Otherwise I'm taking it to Porsche tomorrow.

IMG_3140.png
This very same thing happened to me just an hour ago. Came here to forum where I always seems to find other with similar issues and many times solutions.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
This very same thing happened to me just an hour ago. Came here to forum where I always seems to find other with similar issues and many times solutions.
Shut off the car for a half hour, usually clears itself. The only time it didn't clear itself for me in the past when I left the car parked in a state park with very spotty LTE coverage, had to wait until I parked it somewhere with solid LTE.
Sponsored