PCM Stuck on Porsche screen

taycan_mbt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Had the same issue today with my brand new 2022 4S. Turned the car on and off a few times but it fixed itself after a few minutes...
Sponsored

JonnyG

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
I just experienced this problem this morning. I think it happened because I put my Taycan into reverse gear too quickly after closing door. Anyway, I drove home with the display stuck, shut down the car in my garage, read this thread and then, after about an hour went back to the car and the problem was gone . .. . resolved itself without me doing anything.

SeanY

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering 2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
This happened to me just mins ago. My car had the most recent s/w update this week.
I'll see if it'll be okay tomorrow...

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
if it still stays stuck in that boot load after a day or so, I'd try remove 12V minus for 1 minute before wasting time with driving to the dealer.

BMonte13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Just had this happen on my 22 RWD Taycan. Haven’t uPdated yet. Why does my baby that I love so much like to act up? I was at 42%, charged with a frozen screen at EA to 85%, drove home, let the car sit locked for an hour, and we’re back just like that.

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
I also see this problem now. 2022 RWD with the latest software updates. So if it is a software bug, it is still alive and kicking in the latest versions of the PCM software.

Did anybody ever had a real solution for this or was it always "it went away the next day" ?

Doc Sportello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
+1 here today. Currently leaving it locked and charging.

It would actually be quite nice if you could turn the PCM screen on and off with a button placed on the lower display or even around the centre tubes, to be honest, and I wouldn't even mind if the glowing Porsche logo then stayed on the PCM screen when it was 'off' , because it is quite cool.

That said it would be nicer still to have all the functions I need back so I can operate the car back beyond making it simply stop and go ;)

johnarpy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
+1 here today. Currently leaving it locked and charging.

It would actually be quite nice if you could turn the PCM screen on and off with a button placed on the lower display or even around the centre tubes, to be honest, and I wouldn't even mind if the glowing Porsche logo then stayed on the PCM screen when it was 'off' , because it is quite cool.

That said it would be nicer still to have all the functions I need back so I can operate the car back beyond making it simply stop and go ;)
There is a button at the bottom right corner on the lower screen. Hit that and you have options to turn off any screen and even entirely turn off PCM.

Doc Sportello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
There is a button at the bottom right corner on the lower screen. Hit that and you have options to turn off any screen and even entirely turn off PCM.
HI - yes, but it's greyed out and doesn't work because the PCM has yet to boot up. It's still frozen...

NorbertF

First Name
Norbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CayenneTurbo, Taycan, 911, Morgan, BeetleCabrio
Country flag
if it still stays stuck in that boot load after a day or so, I'd try remove 12V minus for 1 minute before wasting time with driving to the dealer.
on mine it is stuck but I see a small blue circle just circling around. It was supposed to be fixed on a Porsche garage, but came back after 2 days. Only switching into enginering mode and restart seems to help?

NorbertF

First Name
Norbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CayenneTurbo, Taycan, 911, Morgan, BeetleCabrio
Country flag
my Taycan was at a Porsche Garage again for one week, but the problem seems to be solved now. As far as I understood the latest software could not be loaded correctly because there were two modules which were not installed correctly before.
The technicians figured it out in a concerted action between the people from the garage and engineers from Porsche itself.
now it works perfectly without any glitches.

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Just happened to me too today. All updated 4S Cross Turismo. Left it charging, gonna check back in 30 min. App shows charging error and wrong battery percentage, but car is green and charging. Weird.

Last edited:

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Just happened to me too today. All updated 4S Cross Turismo. Left it charging, gonna check back in 30 min. App shows charging error and wrong battery percentage, but car is green and charging. Weird.
Took a short wee break and it’s back online a few hours later. I sure missed the Navi

Mook

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Cayenne Turbo S, Merc 560SL
Country flag
One last suggestion - when you turn everything off and lock the car, make sure you take the key fobs (all of them) at least 30 feet away so that any chance of them communicating to the car is eliminated. This has helped reset several things - PCM, the charge port stuck in open, PCM refusing to turn off or come on (not at the same time, obviously). Whilst this Turbo S is an absolute joy to drive, the irritants and their fixes are mind-bending. Also, every time, you call Porsche Customer Support, it feels like the teacher is handing out homework - more work for me before they can fix it. It varies from taking photos to send them to mailing them pizzas and caviar depending on the severity of the problem. Porsche needs to be better than this.......
Sponsored