anoobis

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s, 2020 BMW M2 Comp, 2023 C8 Z06
Country flag
Hey wondering if anyone has seen this before. My new 2022 Taycan 4s is stuck on the Porsche screen... Drives fine and everything. CarPlay still seems to work, but no map in the driver display.

I rebooted into engineering mode 3 times and restarted. No luck. Any ideas here gents? Otherwise I'm taking it to Porsche tomorrow.

Porsche Taycan PCM Stuck on Porsche screen IMG_3140
Sponsored

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
If I had to guess, leaving it turned off (and locked) for ~30 minutes, and turning back on will fix it. Has happened to me before. Is a bug. Even better if you can plug into charger.

Give it 30 min and report back!

OP
OP

anoobis

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No, dice. It's plugged into a very slow charger right now though (5.24kw/h). Not sure if the battery level has something to do with it?

Evpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022, Bolt 2020
Country flag
Computers freeze. No way around it.

OP
OP

anoobis

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP

anoobis

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dropped it off at the dealer. Let's see what they say on Monday...

rb33gl

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Audi A3 TFSIe Hybrid, Porsche 964 (gone..)
Country flag
If I had to guess, leaving it turned off (and locked) for ~30 minutes, and turning back on will fix it. Has happened to me before. Is a bug. Even better if you can plug into charger.

Give it 30 min and report back!
This is exactly what I did when this happened to mine. Left it locked for 30+ minutes and on return it worked fine again.

OP
OP

anoobis

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I left it locked and charging for 2 hours and came back to the same issue.

Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 cross Turismo 2022 VWSportwagen TDI 20
Country flag
@anoobis any follow up on this? Mine has just done the same now
I started a new thread yesterday when I had the same problem. The locking, waiting and trying again did not work but after it was charged it was ok this morning. Battery level was at 40% and we had just driven 60 miles so the 12 volt battery was also ok. Sales rep had no idea. Another unknown software glitch affecting multiple owners I guess.

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
I started a new thread yesterday when I had the same problem. The locking, waiting and trying again did not work but after it was charged it was ok this morning. Battery level was at 40% and we had just driven 60 miles so the 12 volt battery was also ok. Sales rep had no idea. Another unknown software glitch affecting multiple owners I guess.
I just had this happen also (first time in the 1 year I have owned)..was very stubborn ..finally fixed itself OverNite after locking the car and walking away frustrated......I keep seeing Sirius XM updates and I vaguely recall they are suspect in this type of problem (or maybe some other update?)...All I saw was PORSCHE and a swirling circle

cccmanhattan

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan CT4S
Country flag
Coincidentally, this happened to the dealer when they had it in to update the interior monitoring sensor and address an issue with the emergency trunk release. They invoice state's they've performed "RECALL WNB4" which addresses:
992-907-483-R CONTROL UNIT FOR REA
PAD-823-509 LID LOCK
PAA-962-627 THROTTLE CONTROL ELE
V04-015-001-GS ANTI-THEFT ALARM SEN

They claim it's fixed, but I've only drivent around the block so far. I'll report back after getting some more miles

UPDATE: NVM, I'M READING NOW THAT THE WNB4 IS ONLY THE INTERIOR MONITORING UPDATE. I'VE CIRCLED BACK WITH THE DEALER TO SEE WHAT THEY ACTUALLY DID (IF ANYTHIGN) TO ADDRESS THE SCREENS BLANKING OUT

cccmanhattan

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan CT4S
Country flag
Just got this back from the service provider:

" They updated the software and after the update the screens were working as designed. The foreman believes that the corrected the issue."

Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 cross Turismo 2022 VWSportwagen TDI 20
Country flag
Just got this back from the service provider:

" They updated the software and after the update the screens were working as designed. The foreman believes that the corrected the issue."
I just had the WNA5 update and the WNB4 update done. I believe it took about 3 hours although I wasn’t there. The dealer delivered my car and when I went to drive it a couple of days later the PCM was frozen so apparently neither of these updates addressed that problem. I have not detected any changes in range or anything else re performance following the update. I was able to reboot the PCM. By locking the car, walking away and waiting 15 minutes or so.
Sponsored