JC2021

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Have ordered a 4S Cross Turismo with a build slot in June. My first Porsche and first EV so can’t wait?. When I test drove a saloon Taycan it had PDCC and Torque Vectoring. Was really taken with the noticeable flat cornering so have spec’d it on mine. Can still alter my spec and having some doubts whether it’s worth extra money or not. Have read a lot of posts on here about PDCC and opinion very divided.

I’m thinking if I don’t get it will I be disappointed if mine doesn’t recreate that test drive cornering.
Doubts are:
- possible range impact. May be quite small but I do some longer journeys so some loss may be a pain. 5 miles I could live with but 10+ on top of bigger tyres and cold weather range loss is starting to shave too much.
- Also wondering if it will be less noticeable/worthwhile on higher riding and (slightly) less sporty Cross T? Or does that make it more necessary/noticeable??
I won’t be tracking it but will be giving it the full beans on good roads when the opportunity arises.

Any advice would be very welcome...
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
PDCC is great - if you want the car to remain “flat” during spirited cornering it’s a great feature - in the performance area with Porsche my opinion is it’s best to check all the “functional” boxes for features/options - this ensures you are getting a vehicle built that has all the best Porsche has to offer - and Porsche’s best is what sets them apart from other lesser automobiles.

I understand if cost management comes into play, but you’ll rarely regret adding an option 6 or 9 months after taking delivery, but failing to add an option could “eat at you” for the entire ownership period - but that may be just me.

OP
OP

JC2021

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
PDCC is great - if you want the car to remain “flat” during spirited cornering it’s a great feature - in the performance area with Porsche my opinion is it’s best to check all the “functional” boxes for features/options - this ensures you are getting a vehicle built that has all the best Porsche has to offer - and Porsche’s best is what sets them apart from other lesser automobiles.

I understand if cost management comes into play, but you’ll rarely regret adding an option 6 or 9 months after taking delivery, but failing to add an option could “eat at you” for the entire ownership period - but that may be just me.
Thanks. That was my original thinking too. I’ve had that with other cars in the past!

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
The higher the center of gravity, the greater the difference. With the Panamera that was a difference, but with the Taycan it is rather modest. You clearly notice a difference in the extreme range. But only in the extreme range.
Is the center of gravity higher in Cross Turismo? Then maybe it should be a must.

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
I don’t have pdcc/torque vectoring - so in medium height there is some movement, but once in sport/sport plus, its very flat even without those options. So unless you are getting the car for the track, consider insulated windows and better audio to supplement the smooth ride.

OP
OP

JC2021

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The higher the center of gravity, the greater the difference. With the Panamera that was a difference, but with the Taycan it is rather modest. You clearly notice a difference in the extreme range. But only in the extreme range.
Is the center of gravity higher in Cross Turismo? Then maybe it should be a must.
Yes think the ride height is higher so good point. Thanks

OP
OP

JC2021

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don’t have pdcc/torque vectoring - so in medium height there is some movement, but once in sport/sport plus, its very flat even without those options. So unless you are getting the car for the track, consider insulated windows and better audio to supplement the smooth ride.
Have gone for the insulated glass ??
Sponsored