Gambler

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4
Country flag
I plugged in my car today in EA 150 unit, and bingo the car connected with the unit and started charging without me selecting the unit or even opening the EA app. Hopefully, this could be the norm moving forward. Just try it and see if it works with yours
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gambler

Gambler

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4
Country flag
Taycan RWD , 2021. I had the car for 3 weeks tried it before and didn't work. Kept the P&C box checked in and bingo it worked today for the first time1

Rcrewse7

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2013 G550, 2016 Metris
Country flag
I’ve had my 2021 4S for 48 hours and plug and charge works flawlessly so far. First try on two EA separate EA stations. I hope the latest software will make it so we new owners don’t have to deal with the charging headaches we’ve all read about.

Porsche Taycan Plug in & charge worked for the first time 27532FEC-793C-4158-AF32-D21284C7CDFD

Porsche Taycan Plug in & charge worked for the first time DEAACF08-7491-40B6-B6C9-76583686B441

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
I’ve had my 2021 4S for 48 hours and plug and charge works flawlessly so far. First try on two EA separate EA stations. I hope the latest software will make it so we new owners don’t have to deal with the charging headaches we’ve all read about.

27532FEC-793C-4158-AF32-D21284C7CDFD.jpeg

DEAACF08-7491-40B6-B6C9-76583686B441.jpeg
My last 4 charges plug and play has worked flawlessly...

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Tron; 2021 4S; ex_BMW540
Country flag
I plugged in my car today in EA 150 unit, and bingo the car connected with the unit and started charging without me selecting the unit or even opening the EA app. Hopefully, this could be the norm moving forward. Just try it and see if it works with yours
Seems like it's a regional thing. Had my car a week and tried three different EA chargers CT/MA area and none worked for plug and charge. I was able to start pretty easily through the Porsche app so it wasn't a big deal (once I got instructions from EA).
Curious if anyone has had luck in the Northeast? Looks like CA and the western US have reported success.

AVLinGA

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s, 2018 Panamara Hybrid
Country flag
2021, Taycan 4S....plug and charge works!
Better than the app, just make sure it is checked in the PMC under Charging, three blue dots next and hit Plug and Charge...has anyone had a problem at any EA chargers?

lazvek

First Name
Laz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Carrera S Cabrio
Country flag
Seems like it's a regional thing. Had my car a week and tried three different EA chargers CT/MA area and none worked for plug and charge. I was able to start pretty easily through the Porsche app so it wasn't a big deal (once I got instructions from EA).
Curious if anyone has had luck in the Northeast? Looks like CA and the western US have reported success.
I have never gotten it to work in MA. In fact, I haven't even gotten the Porsche app to work. I ended up just paying for the charge through the EA app. I'm driving to Cape Cod on Monday morning and will be stopping midway an an EA. I'm wondering if this thread should be giving me hope.

AVLinGA

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have never gotten it to work in MA. In fact, I haven't even gotten the Porsche app to work. I ended up just paying for the charge through the EA app. I'm driving to Cape Cod on Monday morning and will be stopping midway an an EA. I'm wondering if this thread should be giving me hope.
I had the same problem, went back to the dealer and the regional trainer gave me a solution...make sure you have the new software download that the dealer has to install, delete the Porsche Connect and Charge NA app from your phone, restart your phone and go to the App Store to download and reinstall the latest version Of these apps, go to the charging icon in the Home Screen, hit the three blue dots in the bottom right hand side of the screen, make sure both the Plug and Charge and Battery Optimize are checked.
Now you should be able to go to an EA working charger, plug in and wait 30 sec for the connection to validate.
when it works it is an excellent feature, good luck.

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Tron; 2021 4S; ex_BMW540
Country flag
Don't misunderstand if I am saying something you already know but have you set up the account including credit card info on the Porsche app; they will charge you if you go over 30min of charging or don't disconnect after 10 min. That is why that need to be set up. If you check in the app "My Account" "Fees and Subscriptions" you will have a card for Porsche Charging Service valid for 1 year (I think you have to redo annually, but will find that out later, lol) This is required for either type of Porsche Charging to work.
I called EA using the number on the charger and they walked be through a process that worked fine. Unusually, it starts with the car unplugged. I was 3 for 3 in getting it to work (but never plug and charge). In MA I used Chicopee and Auburn EA chargers.

AVLinGA

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Don't misunderstand if I am saying something you already know but have you set up the account including credit card info on the Porsche app; they will charge you if you go over 30min of charging or don't disconnect after 10 min. That is why that need to be set up. If you check in the app "My Account" "Fees and Subscriptions" you will have a card for Porsche Charging Service valid for 1 year (I think you have to redo annually, but will find that out later, lol) This is required for either type of Porsche Charging to work.
I called EA using the number on the charger and they walked be through a process that worked fine. Unusually, it starts with the car unplugged. I was 3 for 3 in getting it to work (but never plug and charge). In MA I used Chicopee and Auburn EA chargers.
Thanks for the insight. I have not provided a credit card and have not had an issue. I have heard form some the situation you describe. I have not exceeded the 30 min and 10 minute idle allowance.
My guess is Porsche does not have their act completely together with EA, hence the numerous different situations.
Both Porsche and EA are subsidiaries of the Volkswagen group so maybe there is some flexibility in operations between the companies.
My salesmen said the plug and charge feature is great when it works but about 30% of the owners have reported it not working for them.

OP
OP
Gambler

Gambler

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4
Country flag
I also Just noticed that in EA App we can enable Plug n Charge in the settings.. However, this was not enabled yesterday, once I plugged it in and the car charged. won't hurt to enable this settings I would assume.
Sponsored