W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So I have mine linked to my Porsche account, but no charging history or link to the charger ever shows up. I don’t need that info, at this point more curious about what, if any advantage, the Porsche branded charger has.

I am hoping the new firmware reduces or eliminates the occasional failure to start charging on the unit.
This history is available via the PMCC web interface to the charger and not on the Connect App.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks, in the US site there is no clear tab, its hidden. Its under Services tab->Charging->Charging At Home.
1614393370748.png

Has anybody linked the charger? Does it then work with Plug & Charge when PIN code enabled?
Yes - worked first time for me.

They are not related and not applicable for home charging.

The QR code simply links your Porsche Connect ID to the charger.

Plug and charge (MY21) is for handshakes at Ionity / EA public charging locations.

PIN is just for security at home if you need it. I tend to leave it disabled for a quicker connect (one less step) as my PMCC is in a garage.

OP
OP

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This history is available via the PMCC web interface to the charger and not on the Connect App.
So now I am confused. I know about Porsche Connect and My Porsche. Is there a third website I am supposed to go to for the PMCC? Or is some of this country specific?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So now I am confused. I know about Porsche Connect and My Porsche. Is there a third website I am supposed to go to for the PMCC? Or is some of this country specific?
Yes there is. If the PMCC is WiFi connected or if you enable the hotspot then you can browse directly to the PMCC.

You should have received an envelope with the PMCC which contains the username and password to connect.

The URL / address if on WiFi will be something like:

https://192.168.1.154/login

Last edited:
OP
OP

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Checked the bag the PMCC came in. There was a little letter stuck to the bottom of the case. But it's missing the PIN/PUK and doesn't provide the web address or an IP address. Looks like it has been removed. Wondering if the dealer removed it. Do you know if the PMCC web address gets linked to My Porsche by the dealer when they prep the car?

Will have to call them on Monday to find out what is going on.

You haven't bought a car with computers.

You have bought a computer with wheels.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Checked the bag the PMCC came in. There was a little letter stuck to the bottom of the case. But it's missing the PIN/PUK and doesn't provide the web address or an IP address. Looks like it has been removed. Wondering if the dealer removed it. Do you know if the PMCC web address gets linked to My Porsche by the dealer when they prep the car?

Will have to call them on Monday to find out what is going on.

You haven't bought a car with computers.

You have bought a computer with wheels.
I added the address to my earlier post. Remember it is network dependent but will be similar to https://192.168.1.154/login

Check your home router to see what the PMCC is connected as.

This is not dealer dependent and not connected or related to your Porsche Connect ID.

Do you have a copy of the operating guide for PMCC - all of this is documented there?

The PIN is not relevant and is set by you on the PMCC if you set it.

The important information is the password for the Home user account which will be printed on the paper you have.

OP
OP

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I added the address to my earlier post. Remember it is network dependent but will be similar to https://192.168.1.154/login

Check your home router to see what the PMCC is connected as.

This is not dealer dependent and not connected or related to your Porsche Connect ID.

Do you have a copy of the operating guide for PMCC - all of this is documented there?

The PIN is not relevant and is set by you on the PMCC if you set it.

The important information is the password for the Home user account which will be printed on the paper you have.
Thank you for your assistance.

I read the manual for the PMCC.

It says on page 27
"Porsche ID
When the charger is paired to your Porsche ID, information about the charger and the charging processes can be displayed in My Porcshe and in the Porsche Connect App."

Looks like the dealer set it up. If it's not appearing then it probably wasn't setup in the first place.

Just occurred to me. Maybe when the PMCC is installed it is linked to your Porsche account. However I forget what the procedure is.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thank you for your assistance.

I read the manual for the PMCC.

It says on page 27
"Porsche ID
When the charger is paired to your Porsche ID, information about the charger and the charging processes can be displayed in My Porcshe and in the Porsche Connect App."

Looks like the dealer set it up. If it's not appearing then it probably wasn't setup in the first place.
So, have you not completed the initial setup of your PMCC?

During setup you use your Porsche Connect ID and password to login for the first time. The QR code displayed then takes you to a website where the PMCC is then registered against your Porsche Connect ID. This is for you to do and not the dealer. This also enables charging data (SOC) to be displayed via the Connect App or My Porsche Website.

Once these steps are completed and your PMCC is connected to your home network you can then use the provided web address and password (in the envelope / letter) to connect to the PMCC and browse various items (and to disable PLC - a must do item).

No dealer setup required whatsoever (I did mine).

These items and functions are only available in the PMCC web interface.

Only charging status, range, timers and profiles are available from either My Porsche website or via the Connect App.

OP
OP

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
So, have you not completed the initial setup of your PMCC?

During setup you use your Porsche Connect ID and password to login for the first time. The QR code displayed then takes you to a website where the PMCC is then registered against your Porsche Connect ID. This is for you to do and not the dealer. This also enables charging data (SOC) to be displayed via the Connect App or My Porsche Website.

Once these steps are completed and your PMCC is connected to your home network you can then use the provided web address and password (in the envelope / letter) to connect to the PMCC and browse various items (and to disable PLC - a must do item).

No dealer setup required whatsoever (I did mine).

These items and functions are only available in the PMCC web interface.

Only charging status, range, timers and profiles are available from either My Porsche website or via the Connect App.
I believe I am getting the full charge history on My Porsche. I just forget the steps I took when I first set up the PMCC up in the first place. Looks like I did it correctly.

OP
OP

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Back again. The statement at the end of your post " Only charging status, range, timers and profiles are available from either My Porsche website or via the Connect App. " may not be correct. On My Porsche I am getting times, charging times, electricity amount and total costs if I put in a cost.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Back again. The statement at the end of your post " Only charging status, range, timers and profiles are available from either My Porsche website or via the Connect App. " may not be correct. On My Porsche I am getting times, charging times, electricity amount and total costs if I put in a cost.
Really? That's odd I only get that data from the PMCC web link we were discussing earlier and not My Porsche unless that has been updated within the last few days.

I must have a look.

OP
OP

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Aha, I have never opened the services tab on My Porsche believing these are just listings of the services on offer and didn't provide anything of use. I could not have been more wrong!

Aside from this it is also possible to connect directly to your PMCC which is what I was attempting to explain but may not add much more to what is available from My Porsche.

The IP address of your PMCC is available from the PMCC directly (if you can't easily figure it out from devices connected to your router). On the PMCC go to Settings then navigate to the second page and select Networks and then Network Information where you will see your IP address.

From a browser (Safari / Chrome / other) type in the IP address and accept the messages displayed (browser may complain "Your Connection is Not Private" that it is not a trusted site but click "Advanced" and then "Proceed" (if using Chrome)) where you will be presented with a logon screen similar to:

Porsche Taycan PMCC Software Update This Morning 1614508458268

There are two user accounts which you can use - Home (default) or Customer Service (Tech) - and the passwords for each are printed in the letter / envelope you got with the PMCC.

Proceed as user Home.

Porsche Taycan PMCC Software Update This Morning 1614508743040

Have a browse around but one key item to check is located on the Charging tab

Porsche Taycan PMCC Software Update This Morning 1614508820761

Given the TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) and reported association with 12V battery drain issues it is important to disable the PLC (Power Line Communication) function (unless you are dependent on this for connecting to your home network) and simply rely on WiFi for connectivity.

Also look at the same tab with the Customer Service (Tech User) account as the main override is located here.

I don't think you can access these options via My Porsche and possibly the current charging stats graphics are better.

Configuration of the PMCC can be performed from this interface also (remember to wake up the PMCC from sleep before attempting to connect to it) which may be easier than via the touch panel.

Thanks for educating me and hopefully the above clarifies what I was attempting to do from the get go.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes, they discuss "ISO 15118". This is also the big topic in Germany to get Plug & Charge going

As far as I know this works for DC fast charging and AC charging. I would like to know if this is used to make PMCC recognize my car and charge without asking for the PIN. Plug & Charge at home is my target!
You can disable the PIN (if secure enough to do so) and you will be able to plug and charge without further fuss. At one point I had my VIN registered but this appears to have 'disappeared' now and no way that I can see to add it in.
Sponsored