Thanks, now I know how to disable PLC.
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
You can disable the PIN (if secure enough to do so) and you will be able to plug and charge without further fuss. At one point I had my VIN registered but this appears to have 'disappeared' now and no way that I can see to add it in.
Well, the PIN function is "essential" for many of us with public/semi-public parking spots. When I stick the charger, it does communicate with the car, but then shows me the PIN screen...

Well, I keep trying to get the car recognized by the PMCC.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
One word of advice from one simpleton to fellow unsophisticateds: if you try to access the PMCC charger directly to switch off PLC as described very well in this thread, remember that the Home User and Technical Service passwords printed on the note in the little envelope can be confusing if such passwords contain an “I”. The font Porsche used here (at least in the US) does not distinguish between lower case l (the lower case version of upper case L) and upper case I (the upper case version of lower case i). You may want to try both if your password does not get accepted immediately.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My PMCC updated yesterday and I'm running Connect v4.4 on iOS and got the following alert at 2am ET -- I've never seen this before:

Porsche Taycan PMCC Software Update This Morning IMG_4304

I haven't changed any charging settings via the app, car, or website. When I checked the car and charger this morning, everything was fine and my car charged to 80%, just as it should.

Has anyone else seen this? I'm thinking it was a spurious issue that was partially caused by the PMCC update.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My PMCC updated yesterday and I'm running Connect v4.4 on iOS and got the following alert at 2am ET -- I've never seen this before:

IMG_4304.png

I haven't changed any charging settings via the app, car, or website. When I checked the car and charger this morning, everything was fine and my car charged to 80%, just as it should.

Has anyone else seen this? I'm thinking it was a spurious issue that was partially caused by the PMCC update.
I've had that a couple of times before (and pre updates). I think you can safely ignore and may relate to profile / timer settings which couldn't quite complete their tasks - a guess on my part.

WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag

IMG_4304.png

Generally I see this when the specified time on the timer is close to being reached but there isn't enough time at the current charge rate to hit the desired target charge level.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I received notification that is was available but I was leaving for what became a disastrous road trip in the car and haven't had the time to fiddle with the unit.

mnichols

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Guys, took delivery of my Taycan in late July of this year, just checked the PCM version and on mine it says #3276

WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Has anyone noticed a functional change to the PMCC with the new update?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Different behavior/error message when linking to my Porsche account is failing.
Have you also had problems with the charger linking to myPorsche account after the upgrade. I cannot get it to communicate with the cloud any longer. Works fine with local WiFi but it does not log in to my profile.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Have you also had problems with the charger linking to myPorsche account after the upgrade. I cannot get it to communicate with the cloud any longer. Works fine with local WiFi but it does not log in to my profile.
I tried multiple times on a few occasions to link the charger up to my account without any success. Then the update came and I tried a few times more again without any luck. I'll keep trying...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I tried multiple times on a few occasions to link the charger up to my account without any success. Then the update came and I tried a few times more again without any luck. I'll keep trying...
Have you tried a full reset on the charger and started over?

Have you checked My Porsche under Home Charging service if anything has been registered? It could be that there are incorrect details associated which also need to be reset so that you can make a clean start.
Sponsored