Podcast bug

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
After the latest software update Podcast in pcm will not play explicit podcasts anymore with a message ‘you can allow explicit content under app settings’
i don’t have any restrictions on my apple account, can play them fine on iPhone and iPad. Have logged out and back into apple account on pcm, competed pcm reset etc still the same error.
had no issues previous to the latest update.

any ideas? I’m not aware of any setting within pcm or myporsche for content settings.
Sponsored

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
strange, Porsche would ask you to take a picture and send them :)

OP
OP

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Podcast bug PodCast

Attached is the error message displayed - despite having no restrictions on my AppleID and iPhone/iPad play fine - in the example it's "The Rugby Pod" that has the Explicit rating.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
The restriction is not in the Apple Podcasts app but in the Porsche PCM settings where it is set to prohibit explicit content by default. As I experienced myself, one swear word on a podcast is enough to label it explicit. You can uncheck the explicit content blocker box under Podcast Settings in your PCM. You can find it via the triple dots symbol in your Podcasts PCM screen. It works fine afterwards.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
The restriction is not in the Apple Podcasts app but in the Porsche PCM settings where it is set to prohibit explicit content by default. As I experienced myself, one swear word on a podcast is enough to label it explicit. You can uncheck the explicit content blocker box under Podcast Settings in your PCM. You can find it via the triple dots symbol in your Podcasts PCM screen. It works fine afterwards.
Can confirm, I had the same error message and the same fix worked. Apple Music also has a filter so check that one too.

OP
OP

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I looked at that previously and the only option in my PCM in the PodCast settings menu is to log out of Apple PodCasts (the same is true for Apple Music) there are no other menu's/Settings.

I wonder if this is a US vs UK settings difference or perhaps my PCM isn't working correctly?

Porsche Taycan Podcast bug Podcastsettings

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I looked at that previously and the only option in my PCM in the PodCast settings menu is to log out of Apple PodCasts (the same is true for Apple Music) there are no other menu's/Settings.

I wonder if this is a US vs UK settings difference or perhaps my PCM isn't working correctly?

Podcastsettings.jpg
This is how it looks like in my US-spec Taycan (post-uPdate). The first picture shows the Settings menu when you click the three dots on the Podcasts screen. The second picture shows what you see when you click Apple Podcasts Settings, iincluding the explicit content box. Have you had the uPdate yet?
Porsche Taycan Podcast bug TaycanPodcastSettings1

Porsche Taycan Podcast bug TaycanPodcastSettings2

OP
OP

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is how it looks like in my US-spec Taycan (post-uPdate). The first picture shows the Settings menu when you click the three dots on the Podcasts screen. The second picture shows what you see when you click Apple Podcasts Settings, iincluding the explicit content box. Have you had the uPdate yet?
TaycanPodcastSettings1.jpg

TaycanPodcastSettings2.jpg
Yes had the update (last week) everything should be on latest version.

Any other UK Taycan owners have the explicit content menu in the Apple podcast settings menu?

jammin88

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Huracan LP580-2 Spyder
Country flag
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I am in the UK and have the same issue.
No option other than to log out shows in the settings.
Did you find a fix?

blue-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I am in the UK and have the same issue.
No option other than to log out shows in the settings.
Did you find a fix?
I've had this same problem for a year now and finally solved it. I had to log out of apple podcasts, re-authenticated; it still wouldn't show the option to allow explicit content. Then I signed in with Apple Music and finally it showed a combined option to allow explicit content for both Apple Music and podcasts.
Hope someone else finds this helpful.

jammin88

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Huracan LP580-2 Spyder
Country flag
You sir, are a genius!
Many thanks that’s now working!
Sponsored