Porsche ‘Sports Car of the Future’ To Be Unveiled June 8, Could Be Electric Boxster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
Sounds like it's going to be a concept version of the new electric Boxster. The production Macan is due before the production electric Boxster too.

I wonder if the electric Boxster is going to actually receive a new name and not just be the "electric Boxster"? I suspect it will. Porsche would want to create a distinction between the ICE Boxster and the new electric sports car.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
The electric Boxster’s supposed to be a MY 2025. This article talks about unveiling a “vision” and I certainly hope that they’re past the “vision” phase for the e718 at this point.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I really wonder what the weight and battery size will turn out on this.

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
This is the car that will make me drop my Taycan like it's hot.

And when they eventually build me an electric 911 Targa, I'll drop the E-Boxster too.
I never understood Porsche saying they’ll never make a 911 ev. The popularity of the Taycan must surely change their minds? I’ll definitely reserve an electric Cayman but suspect it’s two years away realistically. Until then a Taycan will do … tough life??

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I never understood Porsche saying they’ll never make a 911 ev.
They're pandering. The word "never" does not even make sense in that context. For a ridiculous example, they can't tell what the people only born today will do, once they're old enough to be in charge of Porsche. I bet there's tons of things that Porsche in, say, 1975 claimed they will "never" do that nobody cares about today.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I never understood Porsche saying they’ll never make a 911 ev. The popularity of the Taycan must surely change their minds? I’ll definitely reserve an electric Cayman but suspect it’s two years away realistically. Until then a Taycan will do … tough life??
At least make a Taycan without the stupid 2 extra doors and rear seat we don't need!

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
They're pandering. The word "never" does not even make sense in that context. For a ridiculous example, they can't tell what the people only born today will do, once they're old enough to be in charge of Porsche. I bet there's tons of things that Porsche in, say, 1975 claimed they will "never" do that nobody cares about today.
Totally agree. They also said for decades they‘d never do diesel engines. And then they had them for years in Cayenne, Panamera and Macan.

Taycanfamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Porsches
Country flag
This is the car that will make me drop my Taycan like it's hot.

And when they eventually build me an electric 911 Targa, I'll drop the E-Boxster too.
Same here. My wife is #1 at my dealer for the 718 EV. Her Taycan will be traded in.

Status
Not open for further replies.