Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Was driving back from town today when I hear a 'ding'. Look at my center screen and see a pop-up with "Would you like to try Apple music". I chose 'No', but I fear this is just the beginning.
Sponsored

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I would have sprayed it with alcohol and set it on fire before it got a chance to reproduce.

Now if we get these Apple ads, we know it was Jay's failure to protect the Taycan family

Reactions: Jay

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
Was driving back from town today when I hear a 'ding'. Look at my center screen and see a pop-up with "Would you like to try Apple music". I chose 'No', but I fear this is just the beginning.
I fear you are doomed to see the notification again, and again, and again ...The try Apple Music pops up pretty much every time I'm in the car lately. Saying no and deleting the notification does nothing to stop the advertising barrage. Ask me once OK. Keep bombarding me with the "free trial period" no thank you. Seems wrong (cheap, sleazy, underhanded?) for Porsche to push advertising to my car.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I’ve never had it here in the UK

swhsv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don’t know if it’s “advertising” per se; for the past several weeks my PCM has been popping up messages like “Connect multiple Bluetooth devices”, “Using handwriting input for text”, “Using voice input for text”, etc. After I dismissed the most recent one I got another pop up asking “Would you like to keep seeing Porsche Tips?” So this may be something they added to help owners discover PCM features that they haven’t used….

OP
OP

Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I hope you are correct, and I can figure out how to disable it.

JackWilliam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
That sounds pretty annoying! It's frustrating when you're just trying to enjoy your drive and you're bombarded with pop-up ads. Hopefully, it doesn't become a regular occurrence with Porsche's Taycans. On a related note, if you're looking to improve your online presence or optimize your e-commerce website, you might want to consider hiring an E-commerce SEO Expert. I recently came across this service on Upwork: https://www.upwork.com/services/product/marketing-e-commerce-seo-expert-audit-1750088581839781888 . It could be worth checking out if you're looking to enhance your online marketing strategy.

Last edited:

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
You can configure your notifications via home screen, tap notifications then the three dots bottom left.
This. I set mine up when I first picked up my car. In the nearly four years since I received my car, I have never once seen this kind of notification. I clicked on this thread because I had no idea what it could be about. So it can be eliminated!
Sponsored