Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I noticed on the Porsche website that Porsche offers insurance in Oregon, Illinois and Georgia but not here in California. Does anyone on this forum who reside in those aforementioned states have any experience or comment regarding Porsche’s insurance in terms of rates and coverage?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Torv

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Leather insurance cards with deviated stitching: $2000.
That's not bad. I just called AAA to add my Taycan, and despite my sterling driving record (no tickets in over ten years and no accidents), just the Taycan costs a whopping $3200/yr. Is the leather card with deviated stitching configurable on the Porsche configuator??

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Check out progressive.com, mine with full coverage is less than $1000 per year. Granted my deductibles are maxed out, and there's prepay discount, multi-car discount, etc...but still, worth checking them out.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
Check out progressive.com, mine with full coverage is less than $1000 per year. Granted my deductibles are maxed out, and there's prepay discount, multi-car discount, etc...but still, worth checking them out.
insurance rates are so personalized that it is fruitless trying to compare rates because of all the variables.
that said I went with progressive as well, they offered the best rates when I was shopping around, I hope that it wasn't a teaser rate. we'll see soon at renewal time.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
I got the quote from Porsche Insurance in GA. (Note that is is actually offered by Mile Auto Inc under the Porsche name. ) . The rate for our RWD and for my Boxster were quite competitive. Waiting for them to add windshield glass coverage which is in the works and also to determine how many miles we will actually put on the Taycan since the rate is mileage dependent.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
insurance rates are so personalized that it is fruitless trying to compare rates because of all the variables.
that said I went with progressive as well, they offered the best rates when I was shopping around, I hope that it wasn't a teaser rate. we'll see soon at renewal time.
I compared Progressive & Farmers. Going with Farmers due mainly to included 3 year full value new car replacement coverage.

OP
OP
Torv

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I checked Progressive and Geico and both were substantially more expensive than my current AAA quote with the same coverage parameters. These high rates must be a Bay Area/California thing. I'm sticking with AAA.

OP
OP
Torv

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I got the quote from Porsche Insurance in GA. (Note that is is actually offered by Mile Auto Inc under the Porsche name. ) . The rate for our RWD and for my Boxster were quite competitive. Waiting for them to add windshield glass coverage which is in the works and also to determine how many miles we will actually put on the Taycan since the rate is mileage dependent.
Excellent! Please let is know your rates relative to your usual insurance company.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Excellent! Please let is know your rates relative to your usual insurance company.
Will try to create a matrix. I imagine you know that the "Porsche" insurance is only available today in 3 states however.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ahead of a full comparison, here is what we got from Porsche Insurance in Atlanta. Note our Taycan is an RWD with $100K value so the quote will not be accurate for you folks with fancier Taycans. Also rated for me with no accidents and (suprisingly) no tickets.

2021 Porsche Taycan based on semi-annual mileage of 5000 and Stated Value Amount of $100,000 Your rate per mile charge is $.089 or $8.90 for every 100 miles driven.
The Base Rate is $307.70

The six-month rate including estimated mileage is $752.70

Coverage includes Liability - 250/500/100
Uninsured Motorist - 250/500/100
Medical Payments NONE
Comprehensive Ded of $500. Collision Ded of $500.

Porsche Auto Insurance policies also include generous rental coverage of $125.00 per day, $3750 per accident and towing to a Porsche Certified Repair Shop in case of an accident.

OP
OP
Torv

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ahead of a full comparison, here is what we got from Porsche Insurance in Atlanta. Note our Taycan is an RWD with $100K value so the quote will not be accurate for you folks with fancier Taycans. Also rated for me with no accidents and (suprisingly) no tickets.

2021 Porsche Taycan based on semi-annual mileage of 5000 and Stated Value Amount of $100,000 Your rate per mile charge is $.089 or $8.90 for every 100 miles driven.
The Base Rate is $307.70

The six-month rate including estimated mileage is $752.70

Coverage includes Liability - 250/500/100
Uninsured Motorist - 250/500/100
Medical Payments NONE
Comprehensive Ded of $500. Collision Ded of $500.

Porsche Auto Insurance policies also include generous rental coverage of $125.00 per day, $3750 per accident and towing to a Porsche Certified Repair Shop in case of an accident.
wow! Thanks for the comprehensive review. I’ll definitely check Porsche insurance if they ever offer it in California. I’m jealous!!
Sponsored