Larry Martin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1960 Roadster
Country flag
I’m having problemS having EA recognize my phone for the free charge. I’ve called Porsche Connect twice for help. Once no one answered the phone and the other time I was put on hold for twenty minutes then disconnected. The Taycan is basically a large computer and Porsche needs a way to provide better tech support. BMW assigns a “genius” at each dealership so that’s another idea for Porsche.
Sponsored

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Walk us through exactly what you are doing, what you expect to happen, and what actually happens. Then we can offer some assistance.

iPhone or Android?
Porsche App (Charging NA on iOS) Not the EA App, Right?
You have an account set up with Porsche Connect?

How are you attempting to activate the charging session?

OP
OP
Larry Martin

Larry Martin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1960 Roadster
Country flag
Walk us through exactly what you are doing, what you expect to happen, and what actually happens. Then we can offer some assistance.

iPhone or Android?

The EA charging station wouldn’t recognize me. So after my trying and failing three times to get through to Porsche Connect, my dealer got them to call me. It turns out that I separately had to log into the green Porsche charging app. Logging in seemed to make the app work but I won’t know until I need another EA charge. But in talking to PC I learned that the first version of the Taycan don’t come w WiFi. I was told that’ll be a upgrade in a year or so

TK-421

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS - 2021 Cayenne
Country flag
You must have an account on the Charging America app, with a CC on file in case you go over the 30 minute free charge time or the 10 minute courtesy idle time.

OP
OP
Larry Martin

Larry Martin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1960 Roadster
Country flag
You must have an account on the Charging America app, with a CC on file in case you go over the 30 minute free charge time or the 10 minute courtesy idle time.
Have that but didn’t know I had to also log in each time to that app. Stupid. Porsche should simply employ Apples face recognition

OP
OP
Larry Martin

Larry Martin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1960 Roadster
Country flag

iPhone or Android?

Tried again to use Charging America ap and it again failed, this time saying “E charging station not available”. See photo. I again tried to call Porsche Connect for help but once again I was unable to reach anyone. Fortunately EA phone assistance was fast and efficient but WTF? I’m starting to miss my gas station.

Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect 800 problem 582B2D74-488B-4A83-9C57-55DEEE6240C5

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Tried again to use Charging America ap and it again failed, this time saying “E charging station not available”. See photo. I again tried to call Porsche Connect for help but once again I was unable to reach anyone. Fortunately EA phone assistance was fast and efficient but WTF? I’m starting to miss my gas station.

582B2D74-488B-4A83-9C57-55DEEE6240C5.png
I had the same issue yesterday at two different locations.
EA was very nice, and they even tried to give me a free charge - but after a minute or so, that failed. I think that may have been related to trying too many times with the car and there was some time out or something.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If a charging session begins, but then fails, and if you have the time, ask the EA Rep to pull the logs of the Station. Ask why the Station thinks the session ended. Was it an error? Does the station think the car ended the session normally? Note the date/time.

Next time your car is in for Service ask the Tech to look through the car’s logs for that time. Why did the session end?

We can help them get to the bottom of these “mysterious session unhappy endings” if we can provide them with at least time/date/stationID of the failures

OP
OP
Larry Martin

Larry Martin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1960 Roadster
Country flag
If a charging session begins, but then fails, and if you have the time, ask the EA Rep to pull the logs of the Station. Ask why the Station thinks the session ended. Was it an error? Does the station think the car ended the session normally? Note the date/time.

Next time your car is in for Service ask the Tech to look through the car’s logs for that time. Why did the session end?

We can help them get to the bottom of these “mysterious session unhappy endings” if we can provide them with at least time/date/stationID of the failures
I asked EA to create a ticket and asked the dealer to follow up. Hopefully this’ll help.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had the same issue yesterday at two different locations.
EA was very nice, and they even tried to give me a free charge - but after a minute or so, that failed. I think that may have been related to trying too many times with the car and there was some time out or something.
And again just now.

I first tried the charging by going to the Porsche Connect app on the map screen, and got the error that the Porsche Charging service (something like that) was down. Then I tried the Charging app and that failed in the same way as described above.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This happened to me today, too. Like Reg my free charge through EA also failed but the car charged normally at home (although I have a plug & play charger and not a smart charger at home).

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This happened to me today, too. Like Reg my free charge through EA also failed but the car charged normally at home (although I have a plug & play charger and not a smart charger at home).
My charger at home is working - I think I was stupid that I didn't have it "click" in.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm completely unable to start a charge with the app, it's 100% broken. Tried logging in out/uninstalling/etc.. but it's not even connecting to the chargers. EA is showing no attempt by the app to communicate with the charger.

Thankfully EA customer service is rocking a 10/10 on my satisfaction scale and immediately started a free session with me. Almost less time than the app takes. Can't speak highly enough of EA reps right now.

On the flip side, Porsche's charger support center is closed on weekends after making me hold for 20 minutes yesterday just to tell me "I dunno, try reinstalling? Shrug"

OP
OP
Larry Martin

Larry Martin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1960 Roadster
Country flag
I'm completely unable to start a charge with the app, it's 100% broken. Tried logging in out/uninstalling/etc.. but it's not even connecting to the chargers. EA is showing no attempt by the app to communicate with the charger.

Thankfully EA customer service is rocking a 10/10 on my satisfaction scale and immediately started a free session with me. Almost less time than the app takes. Can't speak highly enough of EA reps right now.

On the flip side, Porsche's charger support center is closed on weekends after making me hold for 20 minutes yesterday just to tell me "I dunno, try reinstalling? Shrug"
The lack of support from Porsche Connect is alarming for the roll-out of such a tech-oriented car. In speaking to them, I was told they typically only have 10 or 11 staff on call, for 4,000 new Taycan owners??? Must be driving the dealerships crazy.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Call Porsche. Ask if we are only supposed to drive our cars on Weekdays. No support on Weekends is unacceptable for mobility-critical applications.

This goes for ANY charging station network, not just Porsche.
Sponsored