First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Hi

I picked up my 4S CT yesterday and am still not able to log onto Connect in the car - keep getting the message “unable to log in at this time. Please try again later”.

Has anybody experienced this and / or know a fix (I have tried simplifying my password as suggested in another thread but that has not worked).

Porshce have opened a ticket in Germany but that sounds like it will take a while and it would be good to get it up and running properly ASAP.

Thanks
Sponsored

jlee504

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
targa gts
Country flag
I had that problem for a day too and then somehow it just connected. its intermittent, like right now its been down for 2-3 days and i'm hoping it connects again soon...porsche is not a software company for sure...

OP
OP

goaroundnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Thanks. Certainly not ideal to not be able to log-in or for it to be intermittent. The dealership is helping me out but it sounds like something needs sorting in Germany

nycebo

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes E450 Wagon
Country flag
I had the same issue. To resolve it, my salesman called Porsche while we were in the car and ensured that my account was activated and linked to the VIN. Only then were we able to log in.

OP
OP

goaroundnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Ok, thanks. I’ll let the dealership
know that

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi

I picked up my 4S CT yesterday and am still not able to log onto Connect in the car - keep getting the message “unable to log in at this time. Please try again later”.

Has anybody experienced this and / or know a fix (I have tried simplifying my password as suggested in another thread but that has not worked).

Porshce have opened a ticket in Germany but that sounds like it will take a while and it would be good to get it up and running properly ASAP.

Thanks
Standard operating procedure. It took about two days from when I picked up my Taycan to successfully login. I believe it has something to do with Porsche servers acknowledging that your Taycan is a “sold” car.

OP
OP

goaroundnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
That’s interesting. We have tried my log in details with the showroom demonstrator and it’s working - not sure if that car is registered or not yet. Apparently Porsche are aware of an issue affecting some cars at the moment - typically mine is one of them. Good value for £100k car!

nycebo

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's more of a security thing. They need to register the vin to your account. Dealership could have done so before delivery.

OP
OP

goaroundnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
They did that a few days before.

My account worked on their demonstrator which is not even registered and was just linked to my account immediately prior to the test so I think I have another issue unfortunately

nycebo

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They did that a few days before.

My account worked on their demonstrator which is not even registered and was just linked to my account immediately prior to the test so I think I have another issue unfortunately
I also was able to use the demonstrator but not my car. You might want to call Porsche Connect directly and ask them if they can confirm your Vin and username are connected. If you've already done so, I'm out of ideas. Coincidentally,I had a similar problem as you with my Mercedes in 2019. It was a hassle for a couple weeks until resolution.

OP
OP

goaroundnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Thanks. I have spoken to PC (although not asked that specific question).
I’ll see what Monday does (or doesn’t) bring!

OP
OP

goaroundnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Can anybody help with the following:

I have finally been able to log-on to Connect in the car but…

1. The PCM/car is not remembering any of my settings such as: recup (always off - I want auto) electric sound (always off), ambient lighting (always white). I have to select what I want each drive. This cannot be right, can it?

2. It starts on some weird sub-menu screen - certainly not the home screen.

3. The sync button for climate is not working at all (won’t go into sync mode and reduce the controls to just the two). This worked fine when I was logged in as guest!

4. Every time I plug the phone in, it recognises it as a new phone for ApplePlay etc. Didn’t do this either when logged as guest!

Are there gremlins in my machine or am I missing something?

Thanks!

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
1. that's normal behaviour and is supposed to be adressed in the MY22 software

OP
OP

goaroundnow

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Thanks - seems mad to have to select the recup setting each time!

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
you may workaround it with the individual setting of the sport chrono knob. But still quite poor...
Sponsored