Mert

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan turbo
Country flag
Took delivery of 2021 Taycan turbo in May. Immediately had PC problems. Opened a case with a “tech “person. Told them that there was no connection between mobile, Wi-Fi and car, even though strong signal in house And garage.After following up three times, I finally got my answer… Tech said to factory reset PCM,uninstall and reinstall PC app. Said I will lose all settings.…Which is a pain because it took a long time to get them all set with the craziness of the PCM electronics on MY car. does anyone have experience with this? Did it work easily? Is there another way for this workaround? Also, please tell me,is it worthwhile to use the Porsche connect? How do you folks use PC?Sometimes when I turn it on I get the location map in Germany! That’s great, but I live in United States! Thanks for anyone that can help.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I did the full reset of PCM and removed my account. Most settings returned as they're stored against your Porsche ID account in the cloud. PCM specific settings - My Screen etc - you may have to redo. To be honest it wasn't as dramatic as it sounds.

You could try using your secondary account first if you have this set up (with your other key)?

PCM reset is not a guaranteed fix.

Before any of this have you confirmed that you have privacy mode disabled - it must be for any of these services to work?

Do you have good cell coverage where the car is located?

Porsche Connect App is at best handy but not essential. Access is possible via My Porsche but this assumes your connectivity is all fine.

TS-Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 TTS
Country flag
The AP is spotty at best. However, when it works and allows you to turn on your A/C remotely it really shines.

OP
OP

Mert

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan turbo
Country flag
I did the full reset of PCM and removed my account. Most settings returned as they're stored against your Porsche ID account in the cloud. PCM specific settings - My Screen etc - you may have to redo. To be honest it wasn't as dramatic as it sounds.

You could try using your secondary account first if you have this set up (with your other key)?

PCM reset is not a guaranteed fix.

Before any of this have you confirmed that you have privacy mode disabled - it must be for any of these services to work?

Do you have good cell coverage where the car is located?

Porsche Connect App is at best handy but not essential. Access is possible via My Porsche but this assumes your connectivity is all fine.
Thank you. Privacy mode is disabled. Wifi good. will check phone signal..

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Here in Canada, PCM relies on cellular coverage through the integrated SIM card to get things rolling and communication with Porches servers. It is my understanding that wifi is useless from the car point’s of view. You communicate with the car via porches cloud, whether from your home wifi, any wifi or your phone cell network.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Here in Canada, PCM relies on cellular coverage through the integrated SIM card to get things rolling and communication with Porches servers. It is my understanding that wifi is useless from the car point’s of view. You communicate with the car via porches cloud, whether from your home wifi, any wifi or your phone cell network.
Same globally.

OP
OP

Mert

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan turbo
Country flag
thanks for your input. Didn't know this.

qwick69

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamara Turbo, Honda NSX, Aston Vantage V12SRM, Aston Martin DBS
Country flag
I had exactly the same problem. After many many visits to the dealer, and the issues happening in front of them after a reset, together with the system seeming to have a mind of its own, they agreed to swap the car completely and built one to the exact same spec as my original one. The new car is PERFECT !

Brian5585

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It was a MY21
I have 2020 Taycan 4S and over 2 weeks ago I lost Bluetooth recognition. I have reset the PCM as mentioned but no change. Any other suggestions other than returning it to the dealers service department?

Thanks, Brian

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If you have lost all of Bluetooth, Wifi, Telematics (your vehicle info on the Porsche website is stale), SmartLift, and Carplay, you may have a faulty communications module. This thing is separate from the OTA module (that can also cause stale telematics data). It apparently lives beneath the center console (or center console control screen). I had the aforementioned set of symptoms and faulty comms module was the diagnosis. New part on order from Germany. It's possible the root cause may be similar to the 2020 OTA module fails - where the part doesn't actually fail, but a bad firmware update somehow latches it into a state where it must be reprogrammed or reprovisioned by the factory.

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Took delivery of 2021 Taycan turbo in May. Immediately had PC problems. Opened a case with a “tech “person. Told them that there was no connection between mobile, Wi-Fi and car, even though strong signal in house And garage.After following up three times, I finally got my answer… Tech said to factory reset PCM,uninstall and reinstall PC app. Said I will lose all settings.…Which is a pain because it took a long time to get them all set with the craziness of the PCM electronics on MY car. does anyone have experience with this? Did it work easily? Is there another way for this workaround? Also, please tell me,is it worthwhile to use the Porsche connect? How do you folks use PC?Sometimes when I turn it on I get the location map in Germany! That’s great, but I live in United States! Thanks for anyone that can help.
Unfortunately this is common the PCM electronics are simply below par very slow to load I have being advised Porsche are working on a fix. However think we just have to live with it and force dealer to sort. Shame really as the likes of Tesla and JLR are way ahead on electronics
Sponsored