Porsche connectivity renewal

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I asked before I paid.
If this is true, it's the deal of the decade. Without it, it's just a typical Porsche ripoffmarket-adjusted pricing. Would be great to have confirmation (either way).

Edit: I'm skeptical about this; Porsche Connect is a different service from the Porsche Charging Service, which is the context that offers plug-and-charge as well as the EA deal for new customers:
Porsche Taycan Porsche connectivity renewal 1704751337027

Last edited:

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Have you (or anyone) been able to confirm free charging after the first 3 years? If this is the case then I’d sign up for use with my 2020 4S.
Yes, I still have free EA charging after 39 months of ownership. I did renew the Porsche Connect service, but I cannot say for sure that it is necessary for the free charging.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
my connectivity ends in mid February, the lease expiries mid May, there is nothing very important to me that warrants renewing the service, I'll survive the three months without it.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
my connectivity ends in mid February, the lease expiries mid May, there is nothing very important to me that warrants renewing the service, I'll survive the three months without it.
So you’re done with the Taycan?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
We do not have free charging here in Europe. But there are two charges after the three year period.

Porsche Connect at €309

Porsche Charging Service which gives preferential prices at Ionity at € ?/ can’t remember the fee. €179
Afaik, it's € 0,45/kwh for Ionity.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
So you’re done with the Taycan?
unless a very compelling offer is made by porsche for me to retain the car.
Only once did I replace a car with the same model. I had diesel MB that I drove for 9 years that I replaced with a new one.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
There is something about paying 3 bills+ per year for the app that stings a little….

Its like ordering a hamburger and having to pay extra for the bun.

Frankcan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 S
Country flag
Can I piggy back on this to ask, I have paid for the tracker service , do I have to pay more to monitor this on the app ? I constantly have a No remote access message.

Rossmeldr

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s sport tourismo
Country flag
You need to allow remote access in the car itself first. The tracker subscription is different from the ability to see the cars position in the app. Tracker warns if the car is moved without the tracker fob in it and allows the police to find and track the car. The cars position via the app is separate a d should be active whether you have a tracker subscription or not.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Afaik, it's € 0,45/kwh for Ionity.
It is €0.33 per kWh for most of Euro countries. And similar in UK,Sweden and Denmark to my knowledge.

Had funny experience today at an Ionity station in Mantorp, Sweden. There are 6 Ionity chargers and 12! CircleK chargers in the same place. There were two cars queueing at Ionity and NO car charging at Circle K chargers. And they were ll 300 kW. That is likely all down to pricing from CircleK!
Porsche Taycan Porsche connectivity renewal IMG_1226
Porsche Taycan Porsche connectivity renewal IMG_1225

Reactions: B61

Charlie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Have you (or anyone) been able to confirm free charging after the first 3 years? If this is the case then I’d sign up for use with my 2020 4S.
Has anyone besides Capt. Mike confirmed that the free charging continues at EA in the 4th year if one pays for Connect for the year? I have paid, but haven't tried to charge yet.

naiza3k

First Name
Ke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Gen 3 Raptor, f10 m5 6mt
Country flag
Anyone confirm on the free charging for a year?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Anyone confirm on the free charging for a year?
Another forum mbr. shared his paper work somewhere on here and there is absolutely no mention of anything to do with an inclusion of an extension of an EA free charging contract - nor is there any mention of this on the Porsche Connect Store - poss. that the other user is confused and got a freebie from his SA or perhaps more likely the prior contract for some reason has not been cancelled properly and still available to him?

If free charging was part of Porsche Connect renewal I'm fairly sure that it would be advertised front and center!
Sponsored

Last edited: