Porsche Dashcam parking mode

gkondyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello,

I got the car back yesterday after installing the Porsche Front only Dashcam in my POC I bought the car from.
It records well and I can connect with my phone to it using the app but I cannot find in settings the parking mode. All the recordings are either continuous or events while driving. When the ignition is turned off the message I hear is that camera is shutting down. My old BMW similar dashcam was saying entering in parking mode or something like that.
What do I miss?

Porsche Taycan Porsche Dashcam parking mode IMG_0773
Sponsored

mc1119

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
In Parking mode the dashcam radar will pick up movement, which will record an event, or if the parking mode is set to video analysis instead of radar, it will be continually monitoring the video image for changes, which if present will trigger an event recording. If you have the thermally and noise insulated glass, the windshield will attenuate the radar so much that it basically doesn't work. You would want to enable video analysis instead. In either mode, once the Taycan's 12V battery voltage level drops to a certain level (around 13.0V), the dashcam will power itself down to avoid draining the battery. In radar mode, I assume parking mode is good for 12 hours or so because the drain is slower, but in video analysis mode you will only get around 3-4 hours. When an event is triggered during parking mode, you'll see the red light on the camera blink. In parking mode as long as the 12V battery voltage is high enough and the dashcam is still active, it'll also record events whenever the camera detects a shock/impact.

mc1119

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
If you want to check and/or reset all the settings for your Dashcam, check out page 14 in the following link starting in section 5 which is for dealer coding. Make sure to set the battery type to LiFePo and DO enable Park mode instead of choosing "Off" as the manual suggests. This may explain why your parking mode is inactive.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2023/MC-10232387-0001.pdf

Hope this helps!

OP
OP

gkondyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you want to check and/or reset all the settings for your Dashcam, check out page 14 in the following link starting in section 5 which is for dealer coding. Make sure to set the battery type to LiFePo and DO enable Park mode instead of choosing "Off" as the manual suggests. This may explain why your parking mode is inactive.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2023/MC-10232387-0001.pdf

Hope this helps!
That makes sense why parking is not showing. What is interesting though is that it shows the parking mode setting for Taycan as off, which I assume what the dealer will come back to me as the reason why it’s not available. Any reason why it’s not on for taycans? What everyone else has?

mc1119

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have it turned on with my Taycan and dashcam and it works fine.

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
I had a front and rear camera fitted in March 23 . Was told I could not have just front. Is this true or yet another case of over enthusiastic young salesman upselling at Porsche OPC Bristol?
Sponsored