hmendelssohn

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TURBO
Country flag
I am fairly confident there is no time limit on (a) if armed from within the car so do that, inform Vodafone and you should be good.

My understanding is that Transport Mode relates to the tracker (not the alarm)
I just called Vodafone and they can disable the transport mode AND the motion detector system at their end to stop the alarm going off. So thanks very much for the advice.
Sponsored

OP
OP

hmendelssohn

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TURBO
Country flag
Double tap the locking button on the keyfob within 2 secs (or the door sensor if you have comfort access) and that should do the trick then. The inclination sensor is set (disabled) and the alarm will only go off if a door is opened from the inside (same feature if you were leaving a pet / person inside the car which will disable the interior surveillance also).

For longer journeys, no idea why Porsche would restrict any of the features to 10 hours but I guess you just keep resetting to extend the time (assuming there's a cell connection). I guess if there are no comms then there can't be PVTS+ event triggered.
Great advice - thanks. I just wish Porsche UK could have been more helpful. I personally think the Porsche Forum is the best place to get advice and people like you seem to be more knowledgeable and helpful than the manufacturer AND you get the advice within a few hours rather than waiting for days from Porsche.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
A great source is the Porsche Good To Know App - if not already done so, download it and then select the Taycan documentation relevant for your model year. Search for a topic and you generally get the information needed and references / videos of other related things. Sometimes you need to put theory into practice to help understand the process steps required. In this particular example, the two-tap also leads to a visual confirmation (2 quick indicator blinks and then a longer one) to give you the assurance that things are set correctly.

Every day is a learning day and no one knows it all but agree the dealership knowledge is particularly weak (some of what is asked on these forums is generic to any Porsche model as it turns out).

OP
OP

hmendelssohn

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TURBO
Country flag
A great source is the Porsche Good To Know App - if not already done so, download it and then select the Taycan documentation relevant for your model year. Search for a topic and you generally get the information needed and references / videos of other related things. Sometimes you need to put theory into practice to help understand the process steps required. In this particular example, the two-tap also leads to a visual confirmation (2 quick indicator blinks and then a longer one) to give you the assurance that things are set correctly.

Every day is a learning day and no one knows it all but agree the dealership knowledge is particularly weak (some of what is asked on these forums is generic to any Porsche model as it turns out).
Just downloading it as we speak. Thanks very much.
Sponsored