evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
According to the User Manual (Page 61): "The Charging App, together with the Porsche ID card, allows access to the Porsche Charging Service for fast and easy charging."

I have the "Charging NA" app properly configured (I think), but where is this "Porsche ID" card that is also supposed to enable charging?
Sponsored

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
According to the User Manual (Page 61): "The Charging App, together with the Porsche ID card, allows access to the Porsche Charging Service for fast and easy charging."

I have the "Charging NA" app properly configured (I think), but where is this "Porsche ID" card that is also supposed to enable charging?
In the app, go to My Account, then Fees and Subscriptions. I think that’s where I found it...

OP
OP
evanevery

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In the app, go to My Account, then Fees and Subscriptions. I think that’s where I found it...
You found a physical card in an App? Am I missing something?

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
You found a physical card in an App? Am I missing something?
No physical card. I don’t think you need one. I think you use the app to “pay” for the free charging service.

OP
OP
evanevery

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No physical card. I don’t think you need one. I think you use the app to “pay” for the free charging service.
I got the app part...

Its the mention of a "Porsche ID" card that I'm asking about. If traveling in an area with reduced coverage, the app is going to be pretty useless. This is why I want to know where that card is... I'ld rather just use a card in any case if we have one instead of messing around with my phone.

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
To get your physical Porsche charge card posted to you. You have to register and activate the Porsche Charging Service in the My Porsche portal.

There was no charge for registering. When I went through the process the card turned up in the post about a week later.

I was able to activate my charging service 2 weeks before my Turbo was delivered.

I have since used my charging card at UK IONITY charging stations. The process is very straight forward. Park, plugin to the passenger port and tap the card.

The payment is deducted from debit/Credit card you used when registering for the service.

Hope this helps.

Porsche Taycan "Porsche ID" Charging card? 4E7CC026-5010-4983-B29E-341BAE62B1D7

Porsche Taycan "Porsche ID" Charging card? 0FEFBA90-5942-4256-8429-8E0BFF87C6E1

Last edited:
OP
OP
evanevery

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, I registered for the service a couple of weeks before I got the car as well. I haven't received any card though...

Maybe its only a UK/EU (Ionity) thing?

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I do believe that the RFID card is an Ionity item. To charge here in the US, you need to use the ChargingAmerica app (which you indicated you already had setup and linked to your MyPorsche account) and a working ElectrifyAmerica charging station. Glad you have your car and hope you are enjoying it, warts and all!

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
I do believe that the RFID card is an Ionity item. To charge here in the US, you need to use the ChargingAmerica app (which you indicated you already had setup and linked to your MyPorsche account) and a working ElectrifyAmerica charging station. Glad you have your car and hope you are enjoying it, warts and all!
That's too bad. I have a card for EVGo and for ChargePoint, and they've come in super handy in the past. There are a number of chargers I've visited that had zero or sketchy cellular coverage, and an app would have failed completely.

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yep, I just received my EVGo card in the mail this past weekend. I plan to leave it in the car in case it is needed.

OP
OP
evanevery

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep, I just received my EVGo card in the mail this past weekend. I plan to leave it in the car in case it is needed.
I have a ChargePoint card in the car and I think it also covers EVGO stations as well (via roaming agreement). Unfortunately, both of those networks appear to be primarily on the West Coast. Pretty sure I'll be using EA primarily if/when I do some traveling on this side of the country...

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
I have a ChargePoint card in the car and I think it also covers EVGO stations as well (via roaming agreement). Unfortunately, both of those networks appear to be primarily on the West Coast. Pretty sure I'll be using EA primarily if/when I do some traveling on this side of the country...
A word of caution: while your ChargePoint card will work at EVGo stations, you likely won't get the same pricing. The lowest price for these networks is nearly always using their native account/credential, which is why I've now got a collection of accounts and cards.

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
Thanks for the info. I've had my car 5 weeks and had no idea a charging app or card existed !
Now its a shame I need to drive 100 miles to get to an Ionity charger :)
Oh well, I know its getting better.

To get your physical Porsche charge card posted to you. You have to register and activate the Porsche Charging Service in the My Porsche portal.

There was no charge for registering. When I went through the process the card turned up in the post about a week later.

I was able to activate my charging service 2 weeks before my Turbo was delivered.

I have since used my charging card at UK IONITY charging stations. The process is very straight forward. Park, plugin to the passenger port and tap the card.

The payment is deducted from debit/Credit card you used when registering for the service.

Hope this helps.

4E7CC026-5010-4983-B29E-341BAE62B1D7.jpeg

0FEFBA90-5942-4256-8429-8E0BFF87C6E1.jpeg

Dogs_Tess_Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (delivered 31/07/2020), 996 911 C4S, Mercedes_E320
Country flag
Thanks for the info. I've had my car 5 weeks and had no idea a charging app or card existed !
Now its a shame I need to drive 100 miles to get to an Ionity charger :)
Oh well, I know its getting better.
No Worries @andyd I also have a Shell Recharge card and App. There are plenty of Shell forecourts that have 50Kw+ charging pods.

Good to have as a backup.

I think there is a slight discount when you use the card and not a generic contactless debit card.

Have a look at the links below for some more info:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/shell-recharge-card.2221/#post-30081
https://uk.shellrecharge.com/charging-at-shell/
https://uk.shellrecharge.com/public-charging/

Card took about a week to arrive
Sponsored