Porsche Dealership Chargers - Charging Card?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
https://www.porsche.com/international/aboutporsche/e-performance/charging-bev/

Maybe it is just Europe but you can download the 'Porsche Charging Service' App and if I remember you register and they send you a card as per the previous post. You can then drive into a Porsche dealership and charge, worked perfectly for me. I also use the same for the Ionity chargers.

IMG_4755.PNG
Not aware of anyone so far in the US reporting this as an option - I certainly have not seen it but would be a nice back-up to have!

On a totally unrelated observation saw 9 of these scattered around, inside and outside of my BMW dealership (was bringing the M4 in for a final checkup prior to sale!). Heck of a lot more than my Porsche Dealership that had 2!!

Porsche Taycan Porsche Dealership Chargers - Charging Card? IMG_4927
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag

Climax_F82

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 Taycan
Country flag
We actually just installed these at my dealership. We have 2 of them. So we now have a total of 15 chargers. With those 2 new ones being the only 350 kw.

Porsche Taycan Porsche Dealership Chargers - Charging Card? 20220113_112735

Porsche Taycan Porsche Dealership Chargers - Charging Card? 20220125_114411

Porsche Taycan Porsche Dealership Chargers - Charging Card? 20220126_170712

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
We actually just installed these at my dealership. We have 2 of them. So we now have a total of 15 chargers. With those 2 new ones being the only 350 kw.
Do you know what the plan will be for customers to use them?

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
In Europe you get a card with every new Taycan purchase. It allows for very low cost of charging at ionity and Porsche chargers, plus roaming at competitive prices on almost all chargers.

the Porsche chargers are very nice to use especially when ionity chargers are saturated and have waiting times (such as return from weekends, etc). Ironically, I used a Porsche charger before when I still had an ipace and no Taycan; I paid a pretty high rate but I was on my way to holiday for an v long drive and desperate not to wait an extra 30 minutes at ionity for a spot. The extra ~20 usd I paid was well worth the time saved. And of course now I wouldget the low rate with the Porsche card.

The dealers here mare forced to install these HPC, or otherwise they get limited or no Taycan allocation. It’s a good thing because frankly these are great chargers and well placed for trips in Switzerland and Italy. I much rather stop for 15 minutes at a Porsche dealership and get a feee espresso, sit in a nice car in the hall, and be on my way than stop at a terrible charging ionity station located on premises of regular gas station with plastic cup coffee, and gas station toilets which are savagely soiled (especially on busy road days)

porsche can take my money for a charge , yes please

Climax_F82

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 Taycan
Country flag
Do you know what the plan will be for customers to use them?
They are for use with Porsche cars only and customers at the moment. We have them locked for public use. But Taycan owners can always come inside to have us enable them for you. Only a few of us have charging cards. But we can always enable a charger through an app on our computer.

When I asked Porsche how they want us to handle the cards, they said it's up to every dealer on how they want us to use them. We can keep the chargers unlocked, (open to use with any vehicle) or keep them locked and require a charging card.

I received a total of 50 cards, but only 10 is currently registered. The only ones with the cards at the moment are the service advisors, sales manager, service manager, shop foreman and myself.

Me being the only employee with a Taycan, I prefer to use the slower 22kw chargers in the basemen haha.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
They are for use with Porsche cars only and customers at the moment. We have them locked for public use. But Taycan owners can always come inside to have us enable them for you. Only a few of us have charging cards. But we can always enable a charger through an app on our computer.
Thanks for the details! It's nice to have another option when road tripping, in a pinch.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
This is Porsche Santa Clarita.
Ah OK, nice. Not close enough for me to take advantage of under normal circumstances, but maybe on the way back down to LA after getting off the grapevine, it could be a nice extra option :D

Climax_F82

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 Taycan
Country flag
Ah OK, nice. Not close enough for me to take advantage of under normal circumstances, but maybe on the way back down to LA after getting off the grapevine, it could be a nice extra option :D
Yeah man, stop by any time. We have a great little restaurant inside as well, with an underground museum. If you ever do, make sure you message me. I'll give you a tour haha. I'm only there Monday to Friday though.

blown383

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 Camaro Z28, 2000 Mazda Miata, 2008 Toyota FJ,
Country flag
Yeah man, stop by any time. We have a great little restaurant inside as well, with an underground museum. If you ever do, make sure you message me. I'll give you a tour haha. I'm only there Monday to Friday though.
I'm local and may have to drop in for a visit sometime.! I was wondering on the status of the fast chargers at the Santa Clarita dealership.
Sponsored