Porsche ID for secondhand/preowned Taycan

chral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been answered but I couldn't find a thread on this.

I essentially have just got a preowned Taycan that was shipped out from UK to Singapore. How do I go about setting up a Porsche ID for use on it? According to Porsche's website if I got it from a Porsche Dealer they would have emailed me my account details with a registration link, and this would have come with 3 years of Porsche Connect. However as this is not the case where do I actually go to sign up for one? It would be great if someone could share how the initial Porsche ID setup was like after getting the car.

Next are Taycans region locked? If I pay for Porsche Connect will I find that the maps don't work etc?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
You should be able to log into your My Porsche ID in the car and link your account.
You must create and account online first at Porsche.com

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I think your car as it is a second owner will require re-registered by your OPC (Official Porsche Centre). Requesting a Porsche ID is on thing but it needs to tie into the vehicle VIN I think.

Go the official route to avoid disappointment. At the same time ask them to ensure the car is set correctly for your region. Expect them to charge for it.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Requesting a Porsche ID is on thing but it needs to tie into the vehicle VIN I think.
You can add a vehicle by VIN in My Porsche, you just have to submit proof of ownership. They didn’t charge me anything when I did it this way for past vehicle.

Porsche Taycan Porsche ID for secondhand/preowned Taycan EC621AA1-67B3-43D0-B327-595B6A93F177

first_porsche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been answered but I couldn't find a thread on this.

I essentially have just got a preowned Taycan that was shipped out from UK to Singapore. How do I go about setting up a Porsche ID for use on it? According to Porsche's website if I got it from a Porsche Dealer they would have emailed me my account details with a registration link, and this would have come with 3 years of Porsche Connect. However as this is not the case where do I actually go to sign up for one? It would be great if someone could share how the initial Porsche ID setup was like after getting the car.

Next are Taycans region locked? If I pay for Porsche Connect will I find that the maps don't work etc?

Thanks in advance!
Hi chral,

Did you manage to get your porsche connect linked to your car? Having a similar question in Malaysia.

gagalmoveon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turismo
Country flag
I got similar problem. Porsche connect and navigation is not loaded into the car. Is there any solution/ software update ?

first_porsche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
On pcm update, navigational map, and android auto, apple car play, I got it sorted at a local trust worthy indie workshop, if you're in Malaysia (KL to be specific) I can recommend you a very good workshop that got it done for me.

On Porsche ID, no luck.

Cyt33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera
Country flag
On pcm update, navigational map, and android auto, apple car play, I got it sorted at a local trust worthy indie workshop, if you're in Malaysia (KL to be specific) I can recommend you a very good workshop that got it done for me.

On Porsche ID, no luck.
Hi,

Could you recommend some shop around KL for the PCM updates?Ive been struggle with my UK import Taycan CT and need this to be done urgently. Thanks

first_porsche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Hi,

Could you recommend some shop around KL for the PCM updates?Ive been struggle with my UK import Taycan CT and need this to be done urgently. Thanks
German tech at Kota Damansara. Pricy but reliable.

first_porsche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Cheers i would look that up.. r u happy with yours so far although no luck with porsche id?
Not really I hope porche Will take note. Without porche id it doesn't feel "whole". The driving experience is great but some digital services requires porche id
Sponsored