Porsche Intelligent Range Manager

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
putting a charger in gas stations is so sensible...it is something that we need to do in North America ..what a perfect way to facilitate charging.
This will be my trip in a couple of weeks. Multiple chargers on highway parkings / gas stations in Germany. Almost all of them 250 kw or more. The alternative would be to go through France. However only three high speed chargers available between Luxemburg and Basel. And one off them is always occupied on the route planner. Traveling through France looks like a challenge. Germany - Switzerland and Austria look fine. Northern Italy I will test this summer.

Porsche Taycan Porsche Intelligent Range Manager 289BC425-AC5F-4A44-8449-D45DA4A821D8

Porsche Taycan Porsche Intelligent Range Manager 2DA637F5-FD2C-47E6-A5C8-3BD9F7E0EDB9

RobQ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 911, Tycan CT
Country flag
The weakness here is not so much the software but a charging database which does not have any and all chargers listed and as a result you can run into challenges.

Better to plan the route before you start to see what charging locations are listed and if less than ideal use the search function and add others as stopovers (for battery pre-conditioning purposes).

Min charge levels can be set for a given destination.
Correct for final destination but not range left for the intermediate charging stations!

RobQ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 911, Tycan CT
Country flag
How did the car perform for this trip?

I am planning the same trip in a couple of weeks.

Did you use a roof box ?

I looked at it in ABRP and it looks like in Germany almost every gas station along the autobahn also has a fast charger. I think I am going to follow ABRP and use the suggested charge stops an give them in in Porsche navigation. ABPR also shows if the charger is functional and available.

The broken fast chargers where they located on autobahn parkings? Or in a village.

Did you have to wait often to charge because all chargers were taken?

Any other tips for my upcoming journey ?
Nio roofbox, I had to charge 5 times. I guess you better use the ABRP app and lift the Ionity chargers as your preference. The only good thing on the Porsche app is that with Ionity you can see how many charges there are and how many in use. One alongside the road was broken and there was only one fast charger, the other one in town. But simply only use Ionity and you're good.

I've put the car on range mode with a max speed of 150km/h, which was perfect. Other than the app issues the car is great.
Sponsored