Porsche Intelligent Range Manager - Is it worth it?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
My new car came from the factory with PIRM and I wish i could turn it off.
I found online reviews saying exactly this, hence I left if off my build. Should I ever decide I want it, it’s available on-demans AFAIK. I think I can also try it via FOD for free knowing (if porsche did it right) that it will deactivate itself if I don't buy it.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Will the car precondition the battery for optimal charging without the PIRM?
Independent of PIRM.

Preconditioning occurs when you use NAV to add a >=50kW DC EVSE as either a stopover or destination.

PIRM only comes into play when Range Drive Mode is active.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I found online reviews saying exactly this, hence I left if off my build. Should I ever decide I want it, it’s available on-demans AFAIK. I think I can also try it via FOD for free knowing (if porsche did it right) that it will deactivate itself if I don't buy it.
Historically PIRM was switchable.

Reactions: B61

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
One thing i find annoying in the navigation is that it sometimes tells you to divert and charge even though you are 150 meters from your home.

Is there a way of deleting the suggested charging routes on the planner ?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
How do you switch it off? I think @DerekS might be very interested given his recent post.
If you read earlier posts (picture) there was an option in the PCM to do this but since uPdate it disappeared.

Note that it is only active in Range drive mode as it is an extension to that.

I've not checked recently if it has reappeared.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Note that it is only active in Range drive mode as it is an extension to that.
You are technically correct, however worth nothing that (from the Porsche description if PIRM):
If the driver confirms the route, the Taycan automatically switches to the Range driving mode.
So it would seem it only operates in Range mode, as you said, but it also seems that it forces the Range mode, meaning it operates all the time?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
You are technically correct, however worth nothing that (from the Porsche description if PIRM):

So it would seem it only operates in Range mode, as you said, but it also seems that it forces the Range mode, meaning it operates all the time?
No not all the time.

Alternative routes are provided and if you select one which recommends Range drive mode then the drive mode changes and PIRM remains active whilst NAV is active.

vladarh

First Name
Vladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
What I've noticed is that with PIRM it changes the maximum allowed speed in range mode from 140 to 150km/h. It also automatically reduces your speed if it thinks that you will not reach the destination. This almost caused me to s... my pants as I was overtaking and it limited the max speed to 90km/h and started braking. I had it as a trial but decided not to buy it after that incident.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
What I've noticed is that with PIRM it changes the maximum allowed speed in range mode from 140 to 150km/h. It also automatically reduces your speed if it thinks that you will not reach the destination. This almost caused me to s... my pants as I was overtaking and it limited the max speed to 90km/h and started braking. I had it as a trial but decided not to buy it after that incident.
I guess it's best to read the instructions first before use.

It I standard in UK and I'd say invaliable as long as you understand how it works and pay attention to the guidance provided for charging as and when required.
Sponsored