First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi,
Probably a UK specific question (and apologies if i've overlooked it in above discussion), but checking my standard spec for CT4s, I seem to be getting both:

"Mobile Charger Plus with 4.5m vehicle side cable"
and
"Supply cable for industrial electrical outlet (230V, 32A)"

Basically, what's the difference? Do they both plug into an industrial 32a socket? Do they both give a similar charging rate? Or does the supply cable plug into the mobile charger plus?

I'm asking as thinking about getting an industrial outlet put in to a second location for ad hoc usage and want to make sure im going to put the best thing in without going the whole wall charging box.

Ta.
Note that you get all necessary cables with the PMC+ (standard EVSE supplied with the car) and you do not need to add / buy more unless you have a specific need. Two supply cables - 13 A 3-pin (emergency travel use only) and a 32A industrial supply cable (use this one) and a cable to connect the EVSE (PMC+) to the car.

Make sure that you option the Public Mode 3 cable for untethered Public AC charging points.
Sponsored

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Note that you get all necessary cables with the PMC+ (standard EVSE supplied with the car) and you do not need to add / buy more unless you have a specific need. Two supply cables - 13 A 3-pin (emergency travel use only) and a 32A industrial supply cable (use this one) and a cable to connect the EVSE (PMC+) to the car.

Make sure that you option the Public Mode 3 cable for untethered Public AC charging points.
Thanks. Build locked in for sometime, but i did add the mode 3 cable thingy.

MannyO

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That's annoying but your dealer should have discussed this with you and pointed out the differences between PMC+ and PMCC (including that the dock is specifically designed for the PMCC so that it sits flush).

I'm guessing you realise that you can add your PMC+ to your home wifi with a PLC (Powerline Communication) adapter?

1643190471933.png

Once hooked up you can then use the PMC+ web interface (warning: be prepared to be underwhelmed). There is rarely a need to access either the PMC+ or PMCC so you aren't missing out here really.
That's annoying but your dealer should have discussed this with you and pointed out the differences between PMC+ and PMCC (including that the dock is specifically designed for the PMCC so that it sits flush).

I'm guessing you realise that you can add your PMC+ to your home wifi with a PLC (Powerline Communication) adapter?

1643190471933.png

Once hooked up you can then use the PMC+ web interface (warning: be prepared to be underwhelmed). There is rarely a need to access either the PMC+ or PMCC so you aren't missing out here really.
Thank You Adrian for your help…. One silly question please & I’m sorry for not being computer savvy, but the PLC plugs directly into the charger? Thanks in Avance, Manny.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thank You Adrian for your help…. One silly question please & I’m sorry for not being computer savvy, but the PLC plugs directly into the charger? Thanks in Avance, Manny.
No problem.

The PLC adapter plugs into a power socket. You will need 2. One near the PMC+ and one near your WiFi router. Both must be installed on the same electrical ring. You then attach the PLC adapter to your router and PMC+ with an ethernet cable.

There are many choices for PLCs - https://www.amazon.com/powerline-adapter/s?k=powerline+adapter - but remember you need 2 (or 1 pack of 2) and 2 ethernet cables which the may / may not be supplied with the adapters.

Once connected then follow the guidance to 'pair' both PLCs to each other so that communication can pass down the wires. There will be some setup to do on your PMC+ but if it all gets too technical perhaps ask someone to assist - it would be worthwhile and good education too (something new to learn).

The white envelope you got with the PMC+ contains important information such as username and password so don't lose it!.

MannyO

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
No problem.

The PLC adapter plugs into a power socket. You will need 2. One near the PMC+ and one near your WiFi router. Both must be installed on the same electrical ring. You then attach the PLC adapter to your router and PMC+ with an ethernet cable.

There are many choices for PLCs - https://www.amazon.com/powerline-adapter/s?k=powerline+adapter - but remember you need 2 (or 1 pack of 2) and 2 ethernet cables which the may / may not be supplied with the adapters.

Once connected then follow the guidance to 'pair' both PLCs to each other so that communication can pass down the wires. There will be some setup to do on your PMC+ but if it all gets too technical perhaps ask someone to assist - it would be worthwhile and good education too (something new to learn).

The white envelope you got with the PMC+ contains important information such as username and password so don't lose it!.
No problem.

…. I will try it this week.
No problem.

I will give it a try…. Thank You So Much.

csufl

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2019 Panamera, 2017 991.2
Country flag
My car came with this charger as "standard" as well, ordered on April, 2021, received the car on Dec, 2021. So my question is, I don't need to get a "wall charger" as this can be my main charger right? Didn't get chance to use it yet since still waiting to get NEMA plug.
Thank you.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My car came with this charger as "standard" as well, ordered on April, 2021, received the car on Dec, 2021. So my question is, I don't need to get a "wall charger" as this can be my main charger right? Didn't get chance to use it yet since still waiting to get NEMA plug.
Thank you.
Yes, that's correct.

Note that this and all other wall boxes (and public charging stations) aren't chargers and simply provide a safe supply of electricity to the car. The actual charger is built into the car for both AC and DC charging.

swejs

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster S; Skoda Superb; Taycan 4S CT ordered
Country flag
I got it as standard in the UK when I ordered but it is now chargeable if you configure it, but the performance battery has lowered in price so overall it’s about the same cost as I paid for the same configuration.
I got a standard charging lead, then mobile connect plus and 2 cables with it (one for a bayonet one for a standard home 3 pin socket)
Please can someone tell me the length of the supply side cables? I'm getting no info from the dealer and the car's due before the end of the month!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Please can someone tell me the length of the supply side cables? I'm getting no info from the dealer and the car's due before the end of the month!
0.3m (for both supply cables), 4.5m (std) EVSE to car cable

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
I'm confused with the Power line converter (PLC) setup. The PMC+ in my garage is sending PLC data so I need a receiver/transmitter somewhere in my house.

- I'm on a 240v line which has two 120v legs. Which 'leg' does the PLC data come on?
- the PLC receiver/transmitter I buy from Amazon needs to be plugged into the same leg as the PLC data is being transmitted. If this leg is not the same as the leg which my router is on, is there a PLC 'bridge' from leg to leg which I can put at my electrical panel?
- the PLC adapters on Amazon have ethernet ports. I assume that the PLC adapter I buy at Amazon needs to be collocated with the router?

Last, if I don't need a PLC bridge, it sounds like I need only one PLC adapter?

swejs

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
0.3m (for both supply cables), 4.5m (std) EVSE to car cable
Crikey. It’s 6.3m from the socket to the wing mirror on my Boxster as an estimate!!
Any ideas about compatible extensions, supply side feels the safer option.

swejs

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks btw - sorry.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I'm confused with the Power line converter (PLC) setup. The PMC+ in my garage is sending PLC data so I need a receiver/transmitter somewhere in my house.

- I'm on a 240v line which has two 120v legs. Which 'leg' does the PLC data come on?
- the PLC receiver/transmitter I buy from Amazon needs to be plugged into the same leg as the PLC data is being transmitted. If this leg is not the same as the leg which my router is on, is there a PLC 'bridge' from leg to leg which I can put at my electrical panel?
- the PLC adapters on Amazon have ethernet ports. I assume that the PLC adapter I buy at Amazon needs to be collocated with the router?

Last, if I don't need a PLC bridge, it sounds like I need only one PLC adapter?
Both PLC adapters must be on the same circuit otherwise you can't complete the the data loop. Trial and error I guess to figure it out.

I believe you need two adapters - one at the EVSE end and one at the router.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Crikey. It’s 6.3m from the socket to the wing mirror on my Boxster as an estimate!!
Supply cables are short but the placement of your power recepticle can be where you need it. In other words the dedicated 32A supply from your fuse box should be placed close to where your EVSE will be located. Shouldn't be a problem really.

swejs

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
#W1NGE I notice a reference in another stream to the 7m cable EVSE-car but is that compatible with a 13A uk 3-pin plug. I have looked at installing a box but I need an upgrade to 100A before that’s practical.
Sponsored