Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
@cometguy
What to expect from MY23 is not so much:
- Ramping up MY22 is a disaster (chip, sink, war, halt) MY23 will come on the neck of not so many sold MY22 cars.
- MY24 will be a dot 2 (facelift) model, so Porsche will keep all the "big things" for the .2 model to be able to show up as much as possible with this midlife refresh.
Sponsored

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The roof has been available for several weeks in the configurator for the GTS sedan only. Don’t know if it available on more models now.
Not yet, need to wait 4-6 weeks (EU) for other models per my info. Added with the production halt time in general.

npx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My thinking is the assumed 24 MY "dot" might get pushed a year.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My thinking is the assumed 24 MY "dot" might get pushed a year.
Yes, started to thinking similarly, taking the recent circumstances.

Last edited:

chalkrwd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TAYCAN RWD
Country flag
Placed order February. TYD original arrival at dealer was 06/14, now showing 07/15.

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
My ETA was 5/27 before and now 6/24 on TYD.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
The roof has been available for several weeks in the configurator for the GTS sedan only. Don’t know if it available on more models now.
Ah, yes, I see that it's now on the USA configurator for GTS sedan, but not for GTS Sport Turismo. It looks like the GTS sedan comes standard without a panoramic glass roof, and the charge here is USD $1490 for the glass alone, and $4760 with the pano roof plus electrochromic glass -- so that's $3270 extra for the electrochromic glass. That hefty price tag surprises me, because you can get electrochromic glass now in a Toyota Venza (and is apparently supposed to become available across the entire Toyota line-up), as a $1400 option, so it can't be that expensive to install (yes, I know all about Porsche's big mark-ups on options, as a long-time Porsche owner, but this seems more Ferrari-like mark-up than Porsche-like).

Last edited:

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Ah, yes, I see that it's now on the USA configurator for GTS sedan, but not for GTS Sport Turismo. It looks like the GTS sedan comes standard without a panoramic glass roof, and the charge here is USD $1490 for the glass alone, and $4760 with the pano roof plus electrochromic glass -- so that's $3270 extra for the electrochromic glass. That hefty price tag surprises me, because you can get electrochromic glass now in a Toyota Venza (and is apparently supposed to become available across the entire Toyota line-up), as a $1400 option, so it can't be that expensive to install (yes, I know all about Porsche's big mark-ups on options, as a long-time Porsche owner, but this seems more Ferrari-like mark-up than Porsche-like).
My wife’s Mazda 3 has an technology pack including ACC, HUD, Led lights, Bose surround, lane change, lane keep assist easy acces for 1.500 euro. I payed that on my Taycan for the HUD only. But the electro chrome option is really expensive indeed. It made me reconsider the need. And I didn’t want to wait.

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
So? Did production restart “at the end of the week” as announced? I don’t see any announcements, although production restarting is not as newsworthy as production halting ?
Sponsored