Porsche Taycan 2021 or 2020, should I steer away 2020?

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have a 2020 4S delivered in August 2020 with 33K miles. I have had two issues a heater servo valve and a pair of rear window regulators. I paid to have the 22KW onboard charger installed so I have Plug and Charge. The car recently had the heater replaced under warranty.
Sponsored

Uknown

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY20
Country flag
2020 was the launch year and some features were missing - from memory wireless phone connectivity for one. This may not be of material interest but hardware wise enhancements came from 2021 onwards.
Mine is a 2020 4s and it has wireless phone for CarPlay at least works great.

I think the only hardware missing is ability to remote lock, and some feature to plug and pay.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Except for plug-in charge not being available in the 2020 MY previously owned Taycans are almost the same.

Evaluation criteria I would use include —
  1. Model Type — For example 4s, Turbo, base, etc.
  2. Performance Battery — A dealbreaker for some of us, but not everyone.
  3. Key Features — Use the Configurator to see options and decide what is important to you.
  4. Mileage & Remaining Warranty — Consider the mileage on the car along with how much warranty is left.
The most important thing about a Taycan is that it’s a joy to drive, so in the end get one and I think you’ll love it.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Mine is a 2020 4s and it has wireless phone for CarPlay at least works great.

I think the only hardware missing is ability to remote lock, and some feature to plug and pay.
Yeah I may be wrong but Android Auto may have had the limitation - none of the shortfalls are probably not that material and will have been software patched by now. P&C sounds like it is the only remaining gap - again not material (or reliable).

Its a buyers market and so I would personally go for the newest MY possible.

800v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just to add to this, the 2020 models with PSCB brakes (the white ones) have 10 piston brakes in front while the later ones (2021+) have smaller 6 piston ones. With mission-e wheels the former look quite a bit better in my opinion 🤔

Here are some pics from cars.com:
here is a 2020 turbo:
n2nyF0p_DkiGVh_JhnqtWTjBbwk.jpg

(Listing)

And here a 2021 turbo:
aS8I67-Wx0_LfxDx4mcTN0EIUxs.jpg

(Listing)

Of course, totally no need for the huge brakes in daily driving -- it just looks cool :D

iReminisce

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
FYI, I have a 2020 Turbo and with the PCM update (actually have one more update pending), it has wireless Android Auto and it works flawlessly.
I also have the PSCB brakes and I must say, the gigantic brake calipers look cool as hell to me lol.
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan 2021 or 2020, should I steer away 2020? 20240413_122906

800v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I also have the PSCB brakes and I must say, the gigantic brake calipers look cool as hell to me lol.
I think those are the even cooler PCCB (carbon composite instead of surface coated) brakes? I believe those are always 10 piston even for later years (not sure).
Sponsored