felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
The Taycan prototypes are still running around with camouflage but artists have taken their best shot at what the production version may look like. With Porsche officials having said that the production model will hold close to the Mission E Concept's design (which seems to be the case with the prototypes spied so far), these are likely fairly close.

Porsche-Taycan-Production-Rendering1.jpg
Porsche-Taycan-Production-Rendering.jpg
If the Taycan finally does turn out to look like this then I think most of us will be happy. but if its more to the prototypes then ……. I for one will have to think more than twice…….. I know the differences are subtle but they change the final language quite a lot…...

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
If the Taycan finally does turn out to look like this then I think most of us will be happy. but if its more to the prototypes then ……. I for one will have to think more than twice…….. I know the differences are subtle but they change the final language quite a lot…...
I think it will. Compare the teaser images of the Taycan to the Mission E silhouettes. I've included just such a comparison below

I believe the silhouette will be almost identical to the Mission E's, and PAG_J1 said the dimensions will be 1.38m high, 4.96m long and 1.96m wide, same as an Audi E-tron's. That alone should guarantee a sporty supercar silhouette.

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Renderings taycan3

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
All 'teaser images' are the Mission E.
The teaser images very clearly show that the Taycan has mirrors - ergo, though it looks almost identical to the Mission E, it is in fact the production Taycan you'll be able to buy this time next year, and not the Mission E

Last edited:

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Well....hope you are right...as I am #1 on list in my market with deposit in about 2 yrs ago.
I gave a partial list of the differences, E vs Taycan, back on page 2 of this thread.
Again, appreciate your optimism......and hope that I am 100% wrong, however I am about 95 % sure :) .

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Well....hope you are right...as I am #1 on list in my market with deposit in about 2 yrs ago.
I gave a partial list of the differences, E vs Taycan, back on page 2 of this thread.
Again, appreciate your optimism......and hope that I am 100% wrong, however I am about 95 % sure :) .
Yeah, so do I.

Most pictures of the teaser image of the Taycan show the mirrors quite clearly.

For the first 4 points you made on Page 2, I refer you to my image on Post 48 - such a close fit and a similar looking profile I feel would not be possible if the Taycan had a different roofline, front window rake, different fender arches, or different front and rear end. I think you are right that it will have conventional B-pillars and no suicide doors, but not overly bothered by that

I can understand being alarmed that the Taycan would look like the mules, and very anxious about that - I myself confess to being anxious and alarmed at the shape of the mules. However, looking at the evidence thus far, by which I mean the teaser images of the Taycan, plus hearing of the dimensions of the Taycan (virtually identical to those of the E-Tron GT), I'm feeling more relieved. I can understand the anxiety and alarm one would feel especially if they had bought the Taycan based on images of the Mission E, and the Taycan images on the brochure, and the intense disappointment and anger one would feel (very cheated) to find out it instead looked like an electric Panamera - a boring humdrum saloon instead of the exotic four-door car which was promised on the brochure, the car for which one put down a deposit.

However, as I said, looking at the evidence, it seems that the Taycan will look very similar indeed to the Mission E.

Lsr911

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1989 Speedster, 2015 Macan Turbo, 1985 Carrera, Audi A8L, 1971 911T, 1973 914
Country flag
I just received these renderings in a email blast from Porsche today 03/08/2019. Looking good and a nice change to the wheels. Also the renderings seem to show a two door not a four door. There was also a video attached showing progress on the new production facility. It is very advanced with robots and automated lines.
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Renderings IMG_3095
Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Renderings IMG_3096

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan Renderings IMG_3095