Possible battery expansion - Taycan Turbo 2020

Jordan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi !

I have Taycan Turbo 2020 with 26k on clock . Last weekend I was doing som vacuum cleaning of the car and find a hump on passenger side, in front of the front seat. I removed the the plastic parts and have a look on the floor under the carpets. On the pictures is what I found.

Monday I called the Porsche dealership and they send tow truck. I get the info from them that I should not drive the car because of possible battery damage. I am going there today to get more info. The computer was showing nothing, the car was acting normally, maybe only the range was little bit lower. But in case of range you never really know...

Does anyone have the same issue ? What was the solution ?

Thank you !

Porsche Taycan Possible battery expansion - Taycan Turbo 2020 IMG_2118

Porsche Taycan Possible battery expansion - Taycan Turbo 2020 IMG_2120.JPG

Porsche Taycan Possible battery expansion - Taycan Turbo 2020 IMG_2117.JPG

Porsche Taycan Possible battery expansion - Taycan Turbo 2020 IMG_2115.JPG

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
That is some weird shit! I'd cut into that packet that seems to be glued to the floor and see what is inside. Maybe your car was part of an international smuggling operation and there is something really cool in there (e.g. blood diamonds encased in desiccant which has now swelled up). :rock:

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
If that's a battery expanding (like a cheap chinese iphone replavcement battery might) then that's a huge worry. Big fire risk, but you'd never know without regularly checking

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Hope you have some warranty left

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Hi !

I have Taycan Turbo 2020 with 26k on clock . Last weekend I was doing som vacuum cleaning of the car and find a hump on passenger side, in front of the front seat. I removed the the plastic parts and have a look on the floor under the carpets. On the pictures is what I found.

Monday I called the Porsche dealership and they send tow truck. I get the info from them that I should not drive the car because of possible battery damage. I am going there today to get more info. The computer was showing nothing, the car was acting normally, maybe only the range was little bit lower. But in case of range you never really know...

Does anyone have the same issue ? What was the solution ?

Thank you !

IMG_2118.jpg

IMG_2120.JPG

IMG_2117.JPG

IMG_2115.JPG
Looks like a vibration damping pad to me, part of the sound deadening.
That isn’t the top of the battery.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
The battery is separated from the car by the body floor and is in no way connected to the passenger compartiment in any form or function.
The dealer has a great story to tell on parties now.

OP
OP
Jordan

Jordan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So all solved today. Battery is fine. It is only some isolation which expanded, nothing more. They are just waiting for answer from Porsche AG if the hump is okay, or they need to change the thing.

Technician from Porsche insisted on that car need to be towed, I told him I don't have a problem to drive it there. So party piece is on their side :)

I have to praise the Porsche assistance, working perfectly.
Sponsored