PPF Lessons learned

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
I note that you're also in California. If I had this to do over, I would have ordered different weather for the first few months of Taycan ownership.

But I am very happy every time I come home after driving through 60MPH wind gusts driving diagonal rain and forest debris at me, seeing the car look like I just went off-road through a gauntlet of bramble and bushes, hose it down briefly and then "pet" it with a couple of caps of some magic detergent and a fluffy mitt and it looks like none of that ever happened.

I realize that particular aspect is the ceramic more than the underlying PPF, but the main point I want to make is that having the paint protection makes me enjoy driving the car more because I am not worrying in the back of my mind whether I should have left it safely in the garage today.
Sponsored

Teufel Hund

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan Turbo IGM
Country flag
I think you are correct as the first owner. My point is that (2) 5-8 year old Taycans sitting next to each other on a used car lot will essentially garner the same money. Regardless if one had rock chips that were repaired and the other had PPF. It is very unlikely to ever seen a benefit on the PPF expense…whether its the initial cost or subsequent panel replacements.

Of course, I say all of this as a guy with full PPF that happily flushed the money down the toilet because it simply makes me feel better to have it.
+1 😊