PreHeat Bug

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Preheat now no longer warms seats or the heated steering wheel- aircon heat works ok.
Heated seats and steering wheel both work manually when switched on in car, the preheat seat selection is turned on for driver and passenger seat but has now stopped working when enabled via my Porsche and connect app .
This was working previously last 2 years but has now stopped. Tried the usual log out as guest and log in again, pcm eng reset etc to no avail.

car is up to date with all updates.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Preheat now no longer warms seats or the heated steering wheel- aircon heat works ok.
Heated seats and steering wheel both work manually when switched on in car, the preheat seat selection is turned on for driver and passenger seat but has now stopped working when enabled via my Porsche and connect app .
This was working previously last 2 years but has now stopped. Tried the usual log out as guest and log in again, pcm eng reset etc to no avail.

car is up to date with all updates.

Any ideas?
Not sure (not checked mine recently).

The app only provides control for the front left and right seats and cabin climate control temperature but nothing shown for the steering wheel (if heated). I'm sure there was a different graphic at one point but can't be sure. The wheel heating may be implied within the other settings (my guess) and may not switch on if the cabin is already above a preset temperature (used to be 3C - 7C or so before the auto heated wheel would spring into life).

Dumb question but what was the ambient temperature outside the car and what temp where you aiming for on the inside?

OP
OP

Gordy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not sure (not checked mine recently).

The app only provides control for the front left and right seats and cabin climate control temperature but nothing shown for the steering wheel (if heated). I'm sure there was a different graphic at one point but can't be sure. The wheel heating may be implied within the other settings (my guess) and may not switch on if the cabin is already above a preset temperature (used to be 3C - 7C or so before the auto heated wheel would spring into life).

Dumb question but what was the ambient temperature outside the car and what temp where you aiming for on the inside?
Ambient Temp was around 9-10C ,preheat was set for 20C. Maybe as you say it needs to be a lower ambient temp to kick in - I tend to use it in winter, defrost the car etc. but I'm pretty sure prior to update it would still heat the seats etc. no matter what the ambient temp was.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Ambient Temp was around 9-10C ,preheat was set for 20C. Maybe as you say it needs to be a lower ambient temp to kick in - I tend to use it in winter, defrost the car etc. but I'm pretty sure prior to update it would still heat the seats etc. no matter what the ambient temp was.
Seats for sure but wheel possibly not.
Sponsored