02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Covered by charging and preheat of cabin assuming you plan your departure for the same time.

Only alternative is to add a DC charging location as either a destination or stopover to precondition (not preheat exclusively) the battery.
That makes sense that pre-heating the car from battery would pre-condition the battery. I guess I don't always want to make the cabin warmer but I might still want the battery warmer. And yes, the correct term is pre-condition but in keeping with the theme of the thread I kept that terminology.

I only ask because I've noticed that the car is a lot more inefficient at the beginning of a drive than after the battery warms up, even if it's not that cold out like 65* F for example.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
So the conclusion is: The Taycan doesn't really support cabin-preheating using grid power after charging.
The workarounds are:
1) Also active cabin preheating in the timer. But that only works if the charging hours (low cost electricity) aligns with the time you want to leave.
2) Also activate direct charging. But then you also have to remember to manually deactivate it.

Last edited:

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
There might be some incantation of profiles and timers that would allow you to target your 80% by 6am but then automatically top up to maintain 80% under later preheating. Bat signal to @Jhenson29 for that question.
Sorry, don’t know. I assume two timers. One at 6am without preheat and one at 8am with preheat. 8am obviously at 80%, but I don’t know if the 6am can also be 80% or if it needs to be 75% so the car can “plan” some change for 8.

I don’t think any profiles will help here.
Sponsored