Premier Wheel and Tire Protection deductible-US?

rjdoc74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT, Tesla MX P100D
Country flag
Hello all, I have a 2023 Taycan CT which is 6 months old. I purchased wheel and tire coverage at the time I purchased the car. Last week, one of the tires went flat and the car was towed to the dealer. Luckily, the dealer had same tire in stock and I was up in running quickly. I was charged $50 deductible at the time of repair. Porsche's official website states that there are no deductibles with this plan (see below). Anyone who used this insurance recently was charged a deductible? Also, does anyone have a number for the insurance carrier to call and confirm? I am glad I have this insurance and that they covered most of the cost though.

https://www.porsche.com/usa/accesso...inancialservices/protectionplan/tireandwheel/
Sponsored

Dragonfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Hello all, I have a 2023 Taycan CT which is 6 months old. I purchased wheel and tire coverage at the time I purchased the car. Last week, one of the tires went flat and the car was towed to the dealer. Luckily, the dealer had same tire in stock and I was up in running quickly. I was charged $50 deductible at the time of repair. Porsche's official website states that there are no deductibles with this plan (see below). Anyone who used this insurance recently was charged a deductible? Also, does anyone have a number for the insurance carrier to call and confirm? I am glad I have this insurance and that they covered most of the cost though.

https://www.porsche.com/usa/accesso...inancialservices/protectionplan/tireandwheel/
I recently used the insurance to repair some cosmetic damage to my wheels.

I was not charged any deductible. Was told at time of purchase of insurance plan that there were no deductibles…

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Wheel repair has no duductible. Tire replacement does, which covers the labor for the dealer to mount and balance. I've picked up 4 screws in one year. Ugh!

Taycanfamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Porsches
Country flag
I didn't pay a deductible. Dealer took a picture of the nail in the tire. Put a new tire on and sent me on my way.

MConte05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4. GTS ST inbound
Country flag
What was the cost of the wheel and tire package? I usually never spring for those things as I’ve always had good luck and don’t keep cars long, but 21” RS Spyders on a customized build has me thinking I’ll keep this longer…

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Reference the protection agreement. My current agreement on the Cayenne has a $50 deductible and I paid it for OEM tire replacement due to a nail. The new agreement that I am planning to sign for the Taycan is much higher cost but no more deductibles.

OP
OP

rjdoc74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT, Tesla MX P100D
Country flag
What was the cost of the wheel and tire package? I usually never spring for those things as I’ve always had good luck and don’t keep cars long, but 21” RS Spyders on a customized build has me thinking I’ll keep this longer…
I paid $1860 for 4 year coverage. I don't keep my cars past warranty.

CarbonTax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I paid around $2k for a third party wheel insurance plan offered by my dealer (Napleton, Wesmont, IL), believe it's a 4 year plan
Sponsored