First Name
jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes C63S
Country flag
Hi everyone.
New to this forum. I have had several different Porsches in my time but looking to possibly get a 2022 Taycan 4S. I do have a couple of questions. 1) the car I am looking at has 10,000 miles. It is a CPO with just over two years left on the manufacturers warranty with an additional two years with the CPO.
I am wondering about the costs of the scheduled maintenance on this car.
2) priced at $98,000 with an MSRP of around $127,000. Does this sound like a fair price? I appreciate any input from the community. Thank you!
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
the 20k service runs from $700 to $900 in the US, which is quite overpriced for what is actually done.
other than that I have had minimal costs. you will need to replace tires every 20k-25k miles and the other wear items less often. obviously there is no need to change oil so that is a big cost savings over an ICE

mikezhang31

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I’m due for my 20k and have been calling multiple dealers and the cost is around 1k to 1.2k. I’m in the tristate area

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
I have had several different Porsches in my time but looking to possibly get a 2022 Taycan 4S. I do have a couple of questions. 1) the car I am looking at has 10,000 miles. It is a CPO... priced at $98,000 with an MSRP of around $127,000.
I just recently paid $79k for a 2021 4S with 10,000 miles and MSRP $133k. Even with a newer CPO that sounds high compared to original sticker.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Hi everyone.
New to this forum. I have had several different Porsches in my time but looking to possibly get a 2022 Taycan 4S. I do have a couple of questions. 1) the car I am looking at has 10,000 miles. It is a CPO with just over two years left on the manufacturers warranty with an additional two years with the CPO.
I am wondering about the costs of the scheduled maintenance on this car.
2) priced at $98,000 with an MSRP of around $127,000. Does this sound like a fair price? I appreciate any input from the community. Thank you!
Welcome to the forum. There is no better place all things Taycan.

1) Scheduled maintenance cost will vary by dealer as others said. The dealer should be doing what is stated in the maintenance book, which is 20k Visual Checks, 2-year Brake Fluid Flush, and Dust Pollen Filter that ideally should be done at least once a year or even more often since it easy to do yourself for practically nothing and you do not want any moisture on it to grow mold.

2) Please post a Windows Sticker so we can chime in on the pricing or other form of full build.

Last edited:

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This is indeed not a very good price for a very lightly optioned example, typical of a floor model a dealer would order, since it does not have a bigger battery PB+, only base Partial Leather interior, corrected to [Air Suspension is standard on 4S], and no 150kW 400v option, and so on. Plus keep in mind that 2022s, if I am not mistaken, were still qualified for $7,500 federal credit, so if you factor that, then the price is way too high.

Last edited:

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I’m due for my 20k and have been calling multiple dealers and the cost is around 1k to 1.2k. I’m in the tristate area
We should do a tech day in the tristate to swap out the cabin air filter and show people how to bleed brakes. $50 - $100 in parts plus an hour of time.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is indeed not a very good price for a very lightly optioned example, typical of a floor model a dealer would order, since it does not have a bigger battery PB+, only base Partial Leather interior, no Air Suspension, and no 150kW 400v option, and so on. Plus keep in mind that 2022s, if I am not mistaken, were still qualified for $7,500 federal credit, so if you factor that, then the price is way too high.
Air suspension is standard on the 4S....

I think $85-90K seems like a more fair price for this car.

EDIT: This is essentially very similar to my spec, with only a handful of differences. I preferred a "poverty spec" 4S to a fully loaded base model, and I'm not at all unhappy with that choice (depreciation aside... it's been a fun 2 years with it, including the head start I got on everyone else in Austin who now owns a Taycan). My only changes would be to get full leather and rear axle steering, were I to do it over again. If you can find a CPO car with those options, I'd hop on it. There should be plenty out there in the wild for you to choose from.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Wingman

First Name
jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes C63S
Country flag
This is indeed not a very good price for a very lightly optioned example, typical of a floor model a dealer would order, since it does not have a bigger battery PB+, only base Partial Leather interior, corrected to [Air Suspension is standard on 4S], and no 150kW 400v option, and so on. Plus keep in mind that 2022s, if I am not mistaken, were still qualified for $7,500 federal credit, so if you factor that, then the price is way too high.
Please explain the 150 kW 400v. Is that the fast speed charger? Also, what benefit does the bigger battery provide besides longer range? Thank you!

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
The bigger battery makes the car heavier, so when you crash into things it does more damage to whatever you hit.

That's "ha ha only serious" in that if you don't actually need the range of the larger battery, you are spending energy hauling it around that isn't really necessary. Or that's how I reasoned about it eventually. When I started out, every online review I read said that the larger battery and the glass roof were the two absolute must-have options. After I thought about exactly what my priorities were for my situation, I ended up choosing neither.

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Please explain the 150 kW 400v. Is that the fast speed charger? Also, what benefit does the bigger battery provide besides longer range? Thank you!
In the USA the 400v option means you can charge at 150kW on a charger with 400v technology, which is basically lower versions of the Tesla supercharger. That means up until a year ago, this option had no function in the US. Now it might. There are a few Superchargers with Magic Dock, and perhaps VW will sign on to NACS.

Aside from range, the bigger battery also gives you more power because it can supply more current, I believe, but it makes the car heavier too.

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Also, what benefit does the bigger battery provide besides longer range? Thank you!
It's hidden away in the Porsche documentation, but the performance battery does add power to the 4S. Standard battery HP is 429/522 overboost while the performance battery gives you 482/563 overboost. You can see the tech specs at the bottom of your build online.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
150kW 400v option is a very inexpensive $460 when new to upgrade standard 50kW to 150kW for charging at Tesla superchargers and became essential given the fact that hope turned into a limited reality with a few superchargers enabled and compatible with Taycan in NY and CA to start. This means that at 50kW it would take an hour to get any useful range with 150kW it would be say 25 min.

PB vs. PB+ Battery differences are Range, Weight, Power, and Charging Rate. I think with so many good deals on the used ones, I think the PB+ should be a requirement. I am looking at the printed brochure and it does not show any differences in charging times on AC or DC, which means that the PB is charging at a slower rate to fill up lower capacity in the same amount of time. My loaner going on a long trip, I think the top charging speed was limited to 200kW on a PB when a PB+ can technically go up to 270kW.
Sponsored

Last edited: