Wingman

First Name
jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes C63S
Country flag
besides, the higher capacity battery and charging system are there any “must have’s” on the options list that the car I’m looking at does not have?
Sponsored

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
besides, the higher capacity battery and charging system are there any “must have’s” on the options list that the car I’m looking at does not have?
That is not an easy question but since it has the Premium Package added that is a catch all for all important options, then a short answer is that it is not missing any must haves. However, given so many good used examples, the typical approach is to start with a must haves and then narrow down the search. For me, the must haves would be PB+ (bigger battery), Leather Package (not partial), Rear Axle Steering, and 150kw upgrade in addition to what this example has.

Reactions: 007

mikezhang31

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
We should do a tech day in the tristate to swap out the cabin air filter and show people how to bleed brakes. $50 - $100 in parts plus an hour of time.
I agree it is robbery but I’m afraid of losing out on any warranty issue because I did the service myself

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Your choice but I love the sport chrono package. I don't care about the analog clock but I find the steering wheel dial and Individual customized drive settings a must.

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
We should do a tech day in the tristate to swap out the cabin air filter and show people how to bleed brakes. $50 - $100 in parts plus an hour of time.
Is there some overview somewhere on this forum about Taycan maintenance ?
Is there somebody that already did the typical maintencance tasks and is willing to write it down on this forum ?
Or is there existing online documentation to refer to ?

For example: replacing the cabin air filter. Is there a step-by-step how-to document available somewhere ?

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
the 20k service runs from $700 to $900 in the US, which is quite overpriced for what is actually done.
other than that I have had minimal costs. you will need to replace tires every 20k-25k miles and the other wear items less often. obviously there is no need to change oil so that is a big cost savings over an ICE
Tires 20-25k miles?! lol!!! I wish!

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
Tires 20-25k miles?! lol!!! I wish!
20 inch conti procontact RX, OEM, had 21 k miles on them, I probably could have gotten them over 25k miles. I try to keep them properly inflated and I don't drive the car roughly.

why are you so surprised?

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
20 inch conti procontact RX, OEM, had 21 k miles on them, I probably could have gotten them over 25k miles. I try to keep them properly inflated and I don't drive the car roughly.

why are you so surprised?
I will try these next. I only got 8k on my Pirelli P-Zero's (21" MissionE-wheels)

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag

PoorShah

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan GTS, 64 Chevelle SS, BMW 7LI, X-Plaid
Country flag
I just recently paid $79k for a 2021 4S with 10,000 miles and MSRP $133k. Even with a newer CPO that sounds high compared to original sticker.
How's the 2021 treating you. I had too many problems with my 21.

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
So far, so good. Had to reset the PCM once but nothing serious. I'm hoping the early recalls/TSBs took care of its teething problems.

PoorShah

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan GTS, 64 Chevelle SS, BMW 7LI, X-Plaid
Country flag
My maintenance over the years with my first taycan. Recently upgraded to GTS.

first year $0
Second year $2500 tires
Third year $1200 checkup. Never never again. Hoping to build a thread for Porsche folks to do their own maintenance without handing $1K to the dealer. Out of principle it just makes me disgusted.

If I would have kept it tot he 4th or 5th year, I’m thinking 6-7K for new rotors and pads.

Anyone else have a different experience?
Sponsored