Questions about my final CT 4S Spec

Dollymite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG C43
Country flag
Hi everyone,
Apologies for the username: I panicked. Longtime reader of the forum but first time I've posted. I think I must have read thousands of threads over the past year on here and they've been really useful in helping me to decide the model and spec of Taycan I've ordered, so thank you.

I have a couple of questions I thought maybe some may be able to help with!

I've decided on Dolomite Silver for the exterior (hence the bad joke username) and have tried to go and see as many in real life as possible but they all had the standard silver inlays/trim. I have seen pictures of Dolomite with gloss black inlays, but does anyone have this combo and can you tell me how the gloss looks against the Dolomite and whether it appears really overly shiny? I can't find any images or videos with Vesuvius inlays but was thinking this might be an OK compromise... am I right in thinking that the plastic arch colour is Vesuvius-level grey so it might blend in?

Secondly, I question about spec costs and how much is too much! I realise this is subjective, but is there a general rule as to what sort of extra you should spend over and above base cost? At the moment it's coming in at 109k but am considering a few other bits and don't want to overspec. Thanks to this forum there's plenty I've crossed off as not needed, so that's saved me a small fortune!

At present I have 21 inch CT wheels, leather interior (black, smooth), 14 way seats, electric mirrors, black window trims, deletion of model, black inlays (tbc!), Sport Chrono, RAS, Matrix headlights, Pano roof, windscreen with top tint/HUD, privacy glass, ParkAssist with Surround View, Blind Spot Monitoring, Ambient Lighting, Steering wheel heating, side airbags, pedals aluminium, door sill guards black, BOSE, electric sport sound (dubious on this!), 150kw DC.

The only thing I would want to add would perhaps be Olea Leather in Truffle but I can't decide whether that is crazy talk and last minute nerves!

Sorry if this is a long read!
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi everyone,
Apologies for the username: I panicked. Longtime reader of the forum but first time I've posted. I think I must have read thousands of threads over the past year on here and they've been really useful in helping me to decide the model and spec of Taycan I've ordered, so thank you.

I have a couple of questions I thought maybe some may be able to help with!

I've decided on Dolomite Silver for the exterior (hence the bad joke username) and have tried to go and see as many in real life as possible but they all had the standard silver inlays/trim. I have seen pictures of Dolomite with gloss black inlays, but does anyone have this combo and can you tell me how the gloss looks against the Dolomite and whether it appears really overly shiny? I can't find any images or videos with Vesuvius inlays but was thinking this might be an OK compromise... am I right in thinking that the plastic arch colour is Vesuvius-level grey so it might blend in?

Secondly, I question about spec costs and how much is too much! I realise this is subjective, but is there a general rule as to what sort of extra you should spend over and above base cost? At the moment it's coming in at 109k but am considering a few other bits and don't want to overspec. Thanks to this forum there's plenty I've crossed off as not needed, so that's saved me a small fortune!

At present I have 21 inch CT wheels, leather interior (black, smooth), 14 way seats, electric mirrors, black window trims, deletion of model, black inlays (tbc!), Sport Chrono, RAS, Matrix headlights, Pano roof, windscreen with top tint/HUD, privacy glass, ParkAssist with Surround View, Blind Spot Monitoring, Ambient Lighting, Steering wheel heating, side airbags, pedals aluminium, door sill guards black, BOSE, electric sport sound (dubious on this!), 150kw DC.

The only thing I would want to add would perhaps be Olea Leather in Truffle but I can't decide whether that is crazy talk and last minute nerves!

Sorry if this is a long read!
Skip HUD unless you must have it but it is entirely redundant IMHO.

Skip olea - unnecessary expense for no gain.

Rest of spec is fine and not OTT.

Standard inlays are just fine. Small
cosmetic detail TBH.

OP
OP
Dollymite

Dollymite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG C43
Country flag
Skip HUD unless you must have it but it is entirely redundant IMHO.

Skip olea - unnecessary expense for no gain.

Rest of spec is fine and not OTT.

Standard inlays are just fine. Small
cosmetic detail TBH.
Thank you. I use HUD in Q7 and find it really useful but is there a reason it’s not so popular with the Taycan? In terms of the way it looks/functions?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thank you. I use HUD in Q7 and find it really useful but is there a reason it’s not so popular with the Taycan? In terms of the way it looks/functions?
The standard digital cockpit is first class and no need to spoil it with a distracting HUD repeating what you can already see crystal clearly in front of you.

Cosmetically it spoils the instrument binnacle which 'floats' without it.

Go check it out.

OP
OP
Dollymite

Dollymite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG C43
Country flag
The standard digital cockpit is first class and no need to spoil it with a distracting HUD repeating what you can already see crystal clearly in front of you.

Cosmetically it spoils the instrument binnacle which 'floats' without it.

Go check it out.
Yeah I wasn’t keen on how it disturbed the dash I have to admit. Thank you, really helpful!

jakeCT

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
missed: RX8 / current: Model 3, MYP / CT4 waitlist
Country flag

driver69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
My take on it - great spec. I’d strongly suggest 18-way seats and a passenger screen, it looks like the cockpit is missing something without it, and that empty panel is such a dust catcher. (I hated seeing all the scratches on it in the test drive vehicle). Sport sound - I love it! Sounds like I’m driving something out of Bruce Wayne’s garage, it’s so well designed it even has “downshifts”. Cheers

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Yeah I wasn’t keen on how it disturbed the dash I have to admit. Thank you, really helpful!
Counter point. I love the HUD and I don’t think it ruins the dash at all. I don’t really spend much time looking at the dash but every time I’m in the car, the HUD is there feeding me information without having to glance down at the dashboard.

I’ve started to wonder if the people who think the HUD is redundant sit lower in the vehicle than the people who like it. See if you can find one with a HUD to decide if it’s worth it to you.

OP
OP
Dollymite

Dollymite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG C43
Country flag
OP
OP
Dollymite

Dollymite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG C43
Country flag
My take on it - great spec. I’d strongly suggest 18-way seats and a passenger screen, it looks like the cockpit is missing something without it, and that empty panel is such a dust catcher. (I hated seeing all the scratches on it in the test drive vehicle). Sport sound - I love it! Sounds like I’m driving something out of Bruce Wayne’s garage, it’s so well designed it even has “downshifts”. Cheers
The passenger screen seems to really divide opinion, hadn’t even considered the blank panel though. Thank you.

OP
OP
Dollymite

Dollymite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG C43
Country flag
Counter point. I love the HUD and I don’t think it ruins the dash at all. I don’t really spend much time looking at the dash but every time I’m in the car, the HUD is there feeding me information without having to glance down at the dashboard.

I’ve started to wonder if the people who think the HUD is redundant sit lower in the vehicle than the people who like it. See if you can find one with a HUD to decide if it’s worth it to you.
Cheers, will do. Haven’t managed to find one so far nearby but maybe I’ll have to go further afield in the name of due diligence.

jonjon808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Hi. Bit late to your post, but I am in a v similar situation so thought I would throw in my 2 pence FWIW.

HUD. Have it in my X5 and it is brilliant, so specced it on my CT4S. Got two test drives for 24 hours in a Tacan, one with and one without the HUD. Decided not to have it in the end. First reason is aesthetic, but I understand that is entirely subjective. Second is that it is not a patch on the X5 system and as many others have said, all the information it does give you is really clear in the dash. I spent the money on the adaptive cruise which I also have on the X5, but the converse is true in that it is rubbish on the X5 and pretty good on the Taycan.

Inlays. I went with Vesuvius grey for the Dolomite exterior. Standard ones are a different type of silver to Dolomite, so looked a bit weird. I think the black perhaps look better overall, but with it being gloss and on the leading edge I thought it would would look scabby pretty fast. Again, personal choice. Plastic wheel arches will always be black.

Leather. I have gone for Olea in Atacama/Basalt. Maybe a bit brave, but the all black I have done to death, didn't want the red and in the other light colours in non-olea there was just too much beige plastic (Truffle on every surface was a bit much for me too). So goldilocks here pays extra to get just the right amount :). Not seen Dolomite with that interior combination anywhere, which may be for a very good reason!

Other bits. Almost chose aluminium pedals as well, but thought they might get a bit slippery, and in other Porsche's they seem to be just a bit stuck on to the ordinary pedals. One of the test cars I had came with the grey tint screen, but it was such a small bit that I didn't think it made any difference.

My build lock date is soon, but I keep tweaking here and there!
Sponsored