Mad Pat 66

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
You (should) begin to see an increase in range gradually. All Taycan's seem to start with a predicted range of around 200 miles, then increase as the car gets to know your driving habits and style. Also, the regen is probably only just beginning to fully kick-in at 200 miles (initially, the regen is very light to break-in the physical brakes). That all said, I am beginning to see that battery temperature has a significant effect on the range. If the battery is also at 12C, on short trips I am seeing an extrapolated range of only 175-190miles. It seems like the way to increase range is to pre-condition the battery before starting (haven't quite worked out how to do that yet, but I think it requires charging at the same time as pre-conditioning the interior). Christian J in the thread above said he got the battery into the 70Fs before starting on a trip where it was 38F externally and achieved some great range. I'm hoping to try this out on a longer trip next month.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have a 4S with 21 inch Mission E Wheels and the 100% range is currently between 175 and 197 miles.

9198917D-20CE-4EAC-B568-7497E3510457.jpeg
Hi there - assuming you have the performance battery plus and not the smaller battery? What kind of battery temps are you seeing?

Burak

First Name
Burak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Outside temperature is the key here.

FENSTERE

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My typical drive is about 75 mph on excellent mountain highways. At ~80+ mph high speeds is where my Taycan (4S/20")'s range crushes my Tesla X (22"). At 85mph or so, my Tesla burns off about 480-500 watts/mile, but the Taycan only about 375 watts/mile.
Sponsored