Charles 2231

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ipace
Country flag
I am really struggling to find someone who can give me some genuine range figures for Sport Turismo GTS. I am obviously aware of all the official figures and data but looking for info on owners experience. Can anyone help? Thanks
Sponsored

Jabbar

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I am really struggling to find someone who can give me some genuine range figures for Sport Turismo GTS. I am obviously aware of all the official figures and data but looking for info on owners experience. Can anyone help? Thanks
the answer is no one can give you that. I collected my new Taycan GTS on 21 Jan 2023 and haven’t managed more than 200 on 100%. I know a friend who collected his ST GTS a week before mine and he’s getting 220 on 100%. Our driving characteristics and journeys are similar.

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
Similar here. Car now on 800 miles and getting about 200 for 100%

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
About 1000 miles driven. I don't charge to 100%, but my present charge/range status is the equivalent of 393 km = about 245 miles at 100%. Range improved considerably when run-in of the brakes was done and it started to regenerate properly.

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have a sedan GTS that I’ve been driving for a couple weeks, so still maybe not getting full regen. The car estimates are slowly growing, with a 100% charge equating to 225 at the moment.

I’m doing a drive this weekend which is about 200 miles round trip, all freeways, and I’m quite curious what my percentage is when I get there. I’ll report in when Ive got some data.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I have a sedan GTS that I’ve been driving for a couple weeks, so still maybe not getting full regen. The car estimates are slowly growing, with a 100% charge equating to 225 at the moment.

I’m doing a drive this weekend which is about 200 miles round trip, all freeways, and I’m quite curious what my percentage is when I get there. I’ll report in when Ive got some data.
Re-gen won’t normally start kicking in until 500+ miles, I think?

minstril

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Re-gen won’t normally start kicking in until 500+ miles, I think?
That’s what I’d heard, but the power meter on the instrument cluster shows a bit of green under braking already, so I’m not sure.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
That’s what I’d heard, but the power meter on the instrument cluster shows a bit of green under braking already, so I’m not sure.
Someone better informed than me can problem explain! I do know that the 500miles is only indicative - for some people it has been sooner and for others much later!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
More relevant to monitor and compare consumption data - miles / kWh via the Trip recorder.

The guesstimate shown on the battery display is nothing more than that and will vary due to a range of factors - ambient and battery temp, AC mode being a few key ones.

You will have already noticed the impact of altering AC modes, cabin temp, drive modes and so on before turning a wheel.

GTS has the same PB+ as any fitted across the range and all cars (old and new) have the same software (post uPdate last year).

Reported range is typically low in the first few months of ownership but expect to see this rise over time and as the weather warms.

Consumption of 3.3 mi/kWh (259 miles) or slightly higher should be achievable.

The headline numbers quoted by WLTP are simply unattainable in UK climate and are typically based on lab data.

The Porsche website range calculator can provide a more realistic estimate.

Bottom line is that in UK climate range will always be below par and not what you might have expected.

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
About 1000 miles driven. I don't charge to 100%, but my present charge/range status is the equivalent of 393 km = about 245 miles at 100%. Range improved considerably when run-in of the brakes was done and it started to regenerate properly.
When did start the regenerate breaking? I’ve over 420km now and still not regenerating. Thanks

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
When did start the regenerate breaking? I’ve over 420km now and still not regenerating. Thanks
Between 500 miles & 800 miles or so but can be longer depending.

You can always press the recup button on the steering wheel which should work (you will feel it on the overrun) but the display not indicate that its working.

When it does work don't expect many miles to be added back to the battery - another misnomer I'm afraid.

Last edited:

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I didn't make a note of it, but I remember it as between 800 and 1000 km.

How much regeneration gives, depends on the driving and road. With mostly even speed and even terrain: not much. With hilly terrain and/or varied speed, my experience is that the saving is significant, although I don't have a percentage.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Mine started around 400 - 450 miles iirc.
Prior to that I used the regen setting on the steering wheel button to get a little bit when slowing, but don't need to use it now that regen braking has kicked in.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
With hilly terrain and/or varied speed, my experience is that the saving is significant
The saving going down is significant but the consumption going up is significantly higher. I find one pretty well cancels the other out.
Sponsored