Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
If a taycan is going to "rust in a field" sitting for 6 months then it questions why anyone would buy one. 6 months sat = what, 3 years of use? Bearing in mind they sit overnight every night, and for most people the majority of the day too. So those posters saying they'll "rust in a field" will expect a rusty car in a few years?

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
Aluminum rusts? Who knew?

OP
OP

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 CRV, 2020 Highlander, 2023 Taycan 4s incoming
Country flag
I called my SA this morning and had an actual informative discussion for the first time. He currently has 5 customers with Taycans sitting in Germany with little to no information from Porsche as to why. The interesting thing is he said he doesn't think mine is being held up by the heater shortage at all. 4 out of the 5 have nothing indicating this while the 1 does.

Instead he says Porsche is experiencing significant issues with getting enough trucks to pick up the cars and get them delivered. As a result the transport queues are getting backed up. He had one other get bumped back 5 months like mine this week. In his opinion, Porsche is guessing at the delivery times and unfortunately the guesses are getting entered into TYD and shown to customers. However he doesn't have any idea when Porsche will be able to resolve their shipping issues.

He has a meeting with the Porsche sales rep tonight. I'm also headed to the dealer to check out their one used car they have, a 2021 4s. I'm still thinking of picking that up and driving it for a year or two to see what I actually want in my dream car. If I do drive it today, I won't make a decision until after he meets with the Porsche rep tonight. Hope this info helps others as he seemed to be pretty certain of the situation as the information came from a friend that works in corporate.

OP
OP

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 CRV, 2020 Highlander, 2023 Taycan 4s incoming
Country flag
Oh I forgot one more thing. He also said the vehicles that are associated with an actual buyer does not sit in an open lot unprotected. They are wrapped really well to protect them from the elements and stored indoors when they can. I have no reason not to believe him, so that was good to hear.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi all. I've been scouring these forums for quite some time and decided to post for the first time. Part of this will be ranting at the current situation I'm in because it's going to have to be my therapy. I need a calm way to deal with this as I am an impatient person!!! The other part is a legitimate question although I realize there won't be a "right" answer.

Ok, so I'm pissed. I put my deposit down in July 2022, got my allocation in December 2022, and my build was completed February 15th. You all probably know where I'm going with this, but I was originally slated to receive my car this week, and now it's been bumped all the way back to August due to heater issues. First off, I'm in the southern United States. I don't need a heater until November! Of course, my SA has very little information and this whole situation is frustrating beyond belief given how much money I'm trying to give them. I just hate that I'm seeing folks already receive their cars who had them built after me. Great for you guys, no hating there! I just don't understand how Porsche is deciding who gets their cars and who doesn't. The customer experience on this is horrible.

Anyways, as a result, I'm planning on calling up my SA tomorrow and asking if I can cancel my existing order and just put in for a new order. These forums have been the source of many restless nights because you all have me wanting features I never thought about during my initial lock in. But now my very reasonable wife-friendly 4S 2023 order has gone from $138,350 USD to $156,380 :-0!!! Is this too much for a 4S? I've priced out the GTS, but honestly I don't like the sportier look or the race-tex so I'd be replacing all of that, and nothing else in the GTS is appealing to me. I'm never going to track it and I drive my kids all over the place. I just have this nagging feeling I'm spending way too much topping out the 4S and I should be looking at another trim.

Anyone else spend that much on a 4S? Here are my builds:

Original Build Sitting in a Lot Somewhere

Possible New Build That Is Much Pricier
Not knowing where in the US you are, check this website for Taycans that are available now or quite quickly:

https://finder.porsche.com/us/en-US...9885355,-122.5655549,500&order=closest&page=2

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I'm seriously thinking of a used car. At least that will be ab available car
It's not a bad idea. But for Taycan, I'd be a bit careful. This is a new model on a new platform, which they will not use again. And for that the car had its fair share of problems so far.

My 2020 4S+ was great, until a HV battery module failed. Now in the shop for 4 month, costing me 2500 USD per month on lost value.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Oh I forgot one more thing. He also said the vehicles that are associated with an actual buyer does not sit in an open lot unprotected. They are wrapped really well to protect them from the elements and stored indoors when they can. I have no reason not to believe him, so that was good to hear.
Huh? To me that would BE the reason not to believe him. It sounds like something an SA would tell a customer because he believes that is what the customer wants to hear. Think about it, why would Porsche take better physical care of sold cars than unsold? I mean it might be conceivable that Porsche would prioritize their shipping/deliveries, but saying pre-sold cars are physically protected better during transit than inventory cars makes absolutely no sense! "Yes sir, your car will be meticulously bubble wrapped in transit, but the inventory cars we don't care to protect against the elements, we repaint them anyways and put in a new battery before we put them into the showroom". I would be willing to bet what he said above is absolutely untrue.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
With this volume of cars made without heaters they will all be outside.

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s crossturismo, X5 M50d
Country flag
I see that some do not understand why blame Porsche for these delays. This makes me laugh because in the same situation I am sure they would react like us who are concerned.

we are not talking about 2 to 3 months we are talking about +6 months!!!

If Porsche were to make every effort to worry about this it would be the first in first out policy for new cars produced. This is not the case because they do not want to temporarily stop the production line and dedicate in priority the parts in shortage to the cars stored everywhere now.

I join the club of future cancellations because paying for a wreck at the price of a new one does not interest me, I preferred to take a second hand.

I will no longer comment on why I call it a wreck because a car that does not move is a car that wears out considerably (especially with a battery).

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I see that some do not understand why blame Porsche for these delays. This makes me laugh because in the same situation I am sure they would react like us who are concerned.

If Porsche were to make every effort to worry about this it would be the first in first out policy for new cars produced. This is not the case because they do not want to temporarily stop the production line and dedicate in priority the parts in shortage to the cars stored everywhere now.

I join the club of future cancellations because paying for a wreck at the price of a new one does not interest me, I preferred to take a second hand.

I will no longer comment on why I call it a wreck because a car that does not move is a car that wears out considerably (especially with a battery).

Agree totally. I am in process of cancelling. Just giving the dealers a last chance to resolve with the factory.

Domy69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s crossturismo, X5 M50d
Country flag
Agree totally. I am in process of cancelling. Just giving the dealers a last chance to resolve with the factory.
Same. I leave until May. as the seller did not want to release me from the contract because I had found a second hand that suited me and he asked me for 15% compensation, I will have the same attitude towards them if with the new deadlines offered they do not deliver to me. either they are sure to have the car beforehand or finding an amicable agreement does not interest them. :facepalm:

Dimib31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porshe Cayenne, Taycan on order, audi A6, Audi etr
Country flag
for what it is worth. I live in Belgium and mine was produced without the heater 3th March. But apparently there was a new batch of heaters delivered and mine was put on the truck from Germany to Belgium on Tuesday. so estimated delivery after Easter holiday so half april. so maybe yours will be installed soon as well. Lets hope so...But i do have the impression that the farther away from the factory the less priority it gets from what i read from all these posts.

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
for what it is worth. I live in Belgium and mine was produced without the heater 3th March. But apparently there was a new batch of heaters delivered and mine was put on the truck from Germany to Belgium on Tuesday. so estimated delivery after Easter holiday so half april. so maybe yours will be installed soon as well. Lets hope so...But i do have the impression that the farther away from the factory the less priority it gets from what i read from all these posts.
This is great news. I saw your post on another thread. You car was produced after mine so the order they are fitting the heaters is random so some of us will be waiting a long time. You are very lucky.

Keep us posted please.
Sponsored