simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I only found about my car having two recall notices from this forum....my My Porsche phone app has no notifications on it but when I saw the laptop screenshot of another member I thought I'll login on my laptop and there they were! Surely notifications should also be made on the App?
Agreed. It was a tip from @whitex that prompted me to login on the portal.

There was nothing on the app, which is pretty crazy, given that 99% of folk will be looking at the app far more regularly than via a laptop / PC. That or snail mail!! 🤯
Sponsored

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Same here! Just logged in and both recalls there…
Thanks

Matt W

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
I’m collecting this weekend and noticed the same as the dealer got me to link the app this week - Checked with the SA to make sure its being dealt with before collection and they said it was a quick PCM update, and would be sorted before collection. Like others have said, weird the app does not show it.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Makes you wonder how urgent the pcm update actually is

MHC

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Turbo, 2022 BMW IX,
Country flag
Anyone know what the PCM update does. I recently had it done along with the battery check recall and don’t notice any difference in the PCM function.

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Anyone know what the PCM update does. I recently had it done along with the battery check recall and don’t notice any difference in the PCM function.
Apparently it’s a stability update. Don’t think you’ll see a change to functionality or anything ‘new’…

bilM

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Audi TT Triumph R3 Hymer MLI580
Country flag
Just got a letter about safety recall APB2 checking high voltage battery booked into my dealer. Dealer said there was some updates to do to my car as well.

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Just got a letter about safety recall APB2 checking high voltage battery booked into my dealer. Dealer said there was some updates to do to my car as well.
That's how I knew about it too. Letter came in the mail.

When I booked it in the dealer said the PCM needing updating as well so they'd catch it at the same time.

I have had the spinning black screen of death far more often than I'd like so if that can be resolved at the same time, I'll be happy to get that fixed.

Having had the car in for a brake bleed a couple of months back and the brake now travelling far too much at slow speeds, I'm going to have them look at that too while it's there. I think they now replace some part as the next step if the bleed didn't fix things completely.

First slot they had available was 10th January all the same but they have sorted a loaner car for a couple of days so I think that was another reason it couldn't get booked in before then as they pool cars were all in use.

EGGY41

First Name
Malcolm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR, VW ID.3 First Edition
Country flag
As an ID.3 owner this all sounds very familiar .... oh dear. Meanwhile the Tesla has had a new front motor (under warranty) and a new coolant manifold (ditto) but (as I'm sure you all know) the software is and charging experience is great, which is handy as we drive to Italy a bit ( 7 times in 3 years in the Tesla).

I'd love a Sports Tursimo at 3 ish years old, so doing some research beforehand.

optik382

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2023 XC90 PHEV, 2022 Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Hi All
I have just had my safety recall undertaken for my HV battery seal issues.
It seems that the inspection went well with no need to replace any of batteries.
However I am getting a little worried on how many recalls were staring to see coming thru the pipeline.
Regarding the PCM update the dealer stated that they were not aware of any further recalls at this time.
Nonetheless since my battery check yesterday I am now getting several warning messages from a) collision warning system not functioning b) camera system sensor compromised c) bad visibility warning system malfunction etc, etc?
in addition to this the aircon control system has faults when you adjust the air vent controls the LH side affects the RH side and vice versa.
This is a great car to drive however between price, depreciation and now ownership .
my time is precious as I am sure many others are on this forum.
If we continue getting recall notices I think I will consider sending Porsche invoices for my labour trips to and from garage.
This was Porsche no.6 and serious I think perhaps my last.Good to hear if any members have had similar issues and thought so?
I’m with ya. My TCT Turbo was my first Porsche and it’ll be my last. I don’t have time for this stuff, plus it’s my daily driver and family car and left me stranded. This could have been the car that made me a “Porsche guy,” but nope. I’m planning to sell it, go back to a more simple and reliable vehicle, and cut the losses. I learned my lesson- no more Porsches, no more semi-exotic cars.

Keith Charles

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo 4s, Porsche 993
Country flag
Hadn't realised my car had a recall until I read this thread. Amazing the app does not notify you.
Emailed to get car booked in and received the following reply; 'As discussed this afternoon, the next available drop and leave appointment at Porsche Centre Hatfield is Tuesday 23rd January 2024. The first service and the recall can take up to two days, so if you require a loan car, the next available date is Monday 25th March 2024. Please be advised, these are provisional dates and are subject to change.'
Have had the car since May 2022 done 18,000 & loved every minute, other than public charging. Had no problems whatsoever.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
I'm very tempted to cancel my recall appointment next week. I have no issues with the car and only noticed it because of this thread. Not sure if it's worth a drive in the cold and dark 1hr each way to sit and wait for most of the day. Might wait until summer

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Anybody been compensated or given a gift etc as a result of the inconvenience of these recalls ? .. I was .😲 and to be honest still can’t believe the level of generosity 😁…guesses on postcard😜

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Anybody been compensated or given a gift etc as a result of the inconvenience of these recalls ? .. I was .😲 and to be honest still can’t believe the level of generosity 😁…guesses on postcard😜
Free screenwash?